Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CP- just wanted to say welcome! As you know I will also be doing aCGH/GSN with parental assist, but I will be doing day 3 biopsy with day 5 fresh transfer (hopefully, assuming we have a normal female to transfer). My trigger is tonight and ER Saturday so we'll know next week if that is the case. But I wanted to tell you if you are interested in talking to someone more about Day 5 biopsy with FET, "lindi" (she is in the HT private forum) just did this and got a BFP! I'm sure she would be more than happy to give you information about it. Best wishes!!
    I am a mother to 2 precious and perfect .
    First and only IVF cycle: No transfer, no normal females.
    I have ZERO desire to do HT again. I am blessed with my two boys.

Feel free to visit my detailed HT Blog: http://xxjourney.blogspot.com.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh, Erinhen, how exciting! Good luck, I hope you get a perfect sticky pink embie to transfer, can't wait to hear your results! Thanks for telling me about lindi, too, that's great news for her. I'm going to become an official member on here eventually, I've just been busy with preschool graduations and birthdays and what have you and haven't gotten around to it yet. Pretty soon though!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have nothing to add but a huge WELCOME!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much more cost is added to a FET cycle? What meds are needed and how many u/s?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsbunny View Post
    How much more cost is added to a FET cycle? What meds are needed and how many u/s?
    If you do a medicated FET, you use lupron beforehand to suppress ovulation, typically, and then add in estrace and PIO to build your lining and support the pregnancy. I had a baseline check to make sure I was suppressed and then 2 more checks for lining and then the FET. It is very easy and you can pick the date for the FET IF your RE will let you!

My clinic was $3500 for a FET plus meds.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yikes!!! My RE thought I might do better with a FET because I over stimulate. But then that would cost me an additional $3500 in addition to the $10,000 +/- for the ivf cycle itself?? Have you heard of that some women do better (have better results with a pregnancy) by doing a FET if they tend to hyper stim while cycling?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you tend to hyperstim, then many would recommend frozen.

But I did want to suggest you discuss one other option with your RE... day 5 biopsy with fresh day 6 transfer. You can do that if you are close to Reprogenetics... 24 aCGH, 5 probe FISH or fewer probes.

Good luck!
    9 7 4

3 IVF/PGDs in 2011... no transfer.
    Surprise natural pregnancy May 2012.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by erinhen View Post
    CP- just wanted to say welcome! As you know I will also be doing aCGH/GSN with parental assist, but I will be doing day 3 biopsy with day 5 fresh transfer (hopefully, assuming we have a normal female to transfer). My trigger is tonight and ER Saturday so we'll know next week if that is the case. But I wanted to tell you if you are interested in talking to someone more about Day 5 biopsy with FET, "lindi" (she is in the HT private forum) just did this and got a BFP! I'm sure she would be more than happy to give you information about it. Best wishes!!
    Do you know how old "lindi" is when she did her cycle and where she cycled? Is she on the public forum as I would love to talk with her...how do I contact her? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12