Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCP before FET?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The sucky thing for me about waiting to see what pretesting is before bothering with DHEA is that getting the 3 mos w/DHEA helped make me feel better about weaning my son now since I wasn't going to cycle til Jan; besides getting AF and pre-testing, DHEA gave me a positive thing for me to work on. But I guess I can't have it both ways since I have to wean in order to even roll on with pre-testing!

Are you partly suggesting waiting on the DHEA bc of the recent noise re side effects? Aren't there people who have good pre-testing and then still fail/cancel cycles and end up taking 3 mos on DHEA anyway? I don't mean to be difficult; unfortunately I have a tight window to go HT, 3 cycles worth between Jan and June most likely so I'm just trying to optimize as much as possible (plus 40 yo to boot). Thanks so much, I really appreciate your perspective!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Agirlplease View Post
    The sucky thing for me about waiting to see what pretesting is before bothering with DHEA is that getting the 3 mos w/DHEA helped make me feel better about weaning my son now since I wasn't going to cycle til Jan; besides getting AF and pre-testing, DHEA gave me a positive thing for me to work on. But I guess I can't have it both ways since I have to wean in order to even roll on with pre-testing!

Are you partly suggesting waiting on the DHEA bc of the recent noise re side effects? Aren't there people who have good pre-testing and then still fail/cancel cycles and end up taking 3 mos on DHEA anyway? I don't mean to be difficult; unfortunately I have a tight window to go HT, 3 cycles worth between Jan and June most likely so I'm just trying to optimize as much as possible (plus 40 yo to boot). Thanks so much, I really appreciate your perspective!
    Hey, it's your life, your body, KWIM. At 40, I would take DHEA. I am NOT a doctor. Previous fertility doesn't mean to matter at all with IVF and you will need all the help you can get. There are situations where DHEA would not be warranted though and without any pretesting, it's anyone's guess!

I didn't think about any side affects at all when I took it because I had horrible pretesting, a cancelled cycle due to no reponse and no other option. So, I started it under no one's guidance other than my own.

I understand wanting to optimize your chances but I cannot make a recommendation like that...I can only tell you what I did. Good luck and I hope it all works out.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! That's where I had landed before anyway, to start DHEA soonest and get all the help I can get given the circumstances I know I do have, which seems to be enough, simply being almost 40! What I have never heard is anyone saying it hurts. So, thank you, I'm gonna still go for it in a few days as soon as I finish weaning.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12