Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No period after cycle... Anybody else?

Today I am 13 days late with my period. To say I was nervous about being pregnant is an understatement! I did a hpt last week and it was negative but still no AF! I spoke to my Clinic nurse who asked I do a "where are you at in your cycle" blood test. Turns out I am at the very start and my period just decided not to show!!!!

I cycled in January and had a bleed after the ER. I am cycling again in April. Ive been put on the pill as of tonight and will stop approx the 21st and bleed 3-5 days later. This will allow me to keep with my dates.

Has anybody else experienced this? Did it effect your next ER? Did it make a difference with your embies? I'm a little nervous so would love to hear some real life experiences.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh you poor thing. You must have been worried. It really sometimes feels like it's one thing after the other with HT & cycles. I hope everything is easily sorted out for you with BCP. The cycle meds seem to impact on my menses too. Sorry you've had to deal with his 'hiccup'. Thinking of you.
    2006, April 2009, Sept 2009, 2011, DH (39 yrs old) DW (40 yrs old)

Dreaming of a Building the family of our dreams since 2005. I am an infertility patient with DOR, POR, a history of miscarriage & some immune issues. But I'm not giving up hope just yet!!!

Cycle 1: Nov 2013 at SART - Agonist protocol (Long Lucrin) 10u Lucrin, 300u Gonal F, Ovidrel trigger. 6 follicles at ultrasound. We cancelled cycle due to poor E2. (Have been on DHEA 75mg/day since 3rd Oct). BCP start.

Cycle 2: Jan 2014 at SART - Antagonist protocol - 300u Gonal F, Cetrotide, Ovidrel trigger. 5 mature follicles at ultrasound, good E2 results but no eggs at collection. Diagnosed as Empty Follicle Syndrome. BCP start.

Cycle 3: April 2014 at SART - COMPORT protocol. (COMPORT = COrifollitropin alpha + Menotropin for Poor Ovarian Response Trial)
    An antagonist style protocol including: Elonva 100u (collifollitropin alpha), Menopur 300u (menotropin = LH + FSH), Cetrotide, Ovidrel + Lucrin 0.2ml combined double trigger. No BCP to start. (Over-suppressed on previous cycles due to BCP).
    7 eggs collected (6 mature). 2 embryos to biopsy on day 5 ... 1 normal XX !!! Planned freeze cycle.

Cycle 4: June 2014 FET BFN

Cycle 5: July 2014 Cancelled cycle. Poor response. COMPORT protocol.

Cycle 6: Sept 2014 - Antagonist protocol - 300u Gonal F, 150 Menopur, Orgalutran. Double trigger (Ovidrel + Lucrin 0.2ml). 7 follicles at ultrasound. Empty Follicle Syndrome again. 1 mature egg collected. 1 to biopsy. NT.

Cycle 7: Jan 2015 - Donor egg cycle - Antagonist protocol 125u Gonal, Orgalutran, Ovidrel trigger. 1XX!

Cycle 8: FET Mar 2015 - BFP!!! HB seen at 7wks3days on April 14th. EDD: Nov 28th 2015. Caesarean booked for Nov 16th!

Our beautiful baby girl was born 17/11/15! We are in love!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Oh you poor thing. You must have been worried. It really sometimes feels like it's one thing after the other with HT & cycles. I hope everything is easily sorted out for you with BCP. The cycle meds seem to impact on my menses too. Sorry you've had to deal with his 'hiccup'. Thinking of you.
    Thanks Aura, it's so frustrating!!!!! I'm just hopeful it doesn't mess with my next cycle. I've never heard of a "missed" period! This didnt happen the first time and I went straight back to 28 day cycles. I have no idea what's with this one!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My2sons it takes me a few months to get on track again. I don't know why this is I think because of the meds....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvna View Post
    My2sons it takes me a few months to get on track again. I don't know why this is I think because of the meds....
    Thanks Lis, I'm more worried about it messing with my next cycle of IVF. Because I've had a blood test my dr knows where I am in my cycle so i started the pill last night. Fx it all works out

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anybody else been in this situation?