Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love reading this thread ladies. I am in the process of deciding what route we will go and I must say this (and many other) discussion helps me decide. Truly I believe that NOTHING we do is a guarantee. On a good day like today I can say that I am just happy to be blessed with the two babies I have as I know many women do not even get a chance, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic and NBP: when choosing HT, what are the odds of an opposite? PGD is pretty much 100%?
    Those that don't get their DG, are these Successful opposites, or do you mean unsecessful cycles?
    DS - 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PGD is just about 100% of a guarantee of gender unless a human makes a mistake at some point. Human error is part of life and always a possibility but nothing to go into this worrying about.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you become a Dream Member, you'll have access to all the past cycle diaries. There's so much info in the private forums.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike3 View Post
    Atomic and NBP: when choosing HT, what are the odds of an opposite? PGD is pretty much 100%?
    Those that don't get their DG, are these Successful opposites, or do you mean unsecessful cycles?
    Unsuccessful cycles...no eggs, no normals, none of their desired gender - OR in many cases, they are successful and then have a loss or series of them.

PGD is 100% barring any glaring mistakes on the part of the clinic and honestly that really just doesn't happen in reputable places.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wondered, if a cycle is unsuccessful in that there are no transfers, is it less expensive than if there was a transfer? If so, by how much?

I can imagine the greatest devastation of all would be to have a successful transfer with BFP only to have a miscarriage. All that money, all that hope built up, all for nothing. Having had 3 miscarriages myself I already know how awful they are, but to have one after spending such a huge amount of money would probably wreck me. I would be tempted to transfer 2 for that very reason. I think I'd prefer the risk of twins to losing an HT baby.
    Last edited by lemonade; August 25th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You pay the majority of the entire fee before ER. Once you are past ER, you are really all in. Transfer is only a few hundred dollars so you are basically out the entire thing with a NT.

I would recommend transferring one at a time because IF you lose one, you will likely lose both and you may waste a perfectly good embryo if a bad one decides not to stick around!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    If you become a Dream Member, you'll have access to all the past cycle diaries. There's so much info in the private forums.
    What's a "cycle diary"?
    DS - 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike3 View Post
    What's a "cycle diary"?
    It's in the member section. Each cycler starts a sticky(thread) and we do unbent the entire cycle. There are hundreds in there now.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lemonade, straight truth is that twins are so much more likely to end unhappily that you are actually better off transferring one. We have had more than a few twins on here and the vast majority did not have a happy ending. eVen those conceived naturally.

Somewhere out there is a study that shows this - does anyone know where that is? Better odds of coming away with a baby when embryos are transferred one at a time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast