Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

If going HT does this need to be "Ok'd" by your normal OB?

I am a ways off (like years if ever) from considering HT but i am worried about discussing it with my dr. I see a normal OB who i adore but i think he will think I've lost my mind asking about IVF with gender selection when i have no history of fertility problems (i.e. no need for IVF). There are places in here Chicago who offer family balancing with PGD (fertility clinics) but if i went to one of those would i have to get the "ok" from my normal dr. I'd like to avoid even talking to him about it lol... But i wasn't sure how it all works.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a lot of people leave their OBs and regular doc out of it. It's been 7 years since hubby and I conceived, and we found out we have both developed some fertility problems. If you want your insurance to cover your pretesting, you'll probably have to involve your regular doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11/8/98 8/14/06 4/1/08 ("sway" opposite)

Would love to add a precious

My Ovulation Chart

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    id honestly prefer it- even though i love my obgyn I'm sure he will think i sound crazy even talking about IVF just to have a DG. My guess is nothing would be covered anyway since i don't have fertility issues so that wouldn't be a concern anyway but i didn't know if clinics required your normal OB to be on board?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you do not have to tell.

You may have coverage regardless of your fertility. Meds can be covered too. You can call your insurance and ask about your benefits.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how is the best way to find a good clinic in your area that does phd for family balancing? I'm in Chicago