Thread: IVF risks?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IVF risks?

I am just starting to think about this journey. My MIL is very worried about the risks of taking the hormones and I am worried about the risks of anaesthetic and the transfer. Any thoughts? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the risks of the hormones are overblown. While they find a correlation with people who have done IVF with slightly higher rates of some cancers, what you must understand is that most women who do IVF are NOT doing it for reasons of gender selection, and are doing it becuase they are infertile. So they have a different set of health issues (such as PCOS), are generally older at time of pregnancy, and also do not have the possibly protective effects of pregnancy/breastfeeding.

I can't speak about the risks of the anesthetic but I would not worry about the hormones.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I would recommend is to have a mammogram before you do IVF. The increased estrogen would not be a great thing if you already had a cancer present but I do not believe IVF causes anything like that. The anesthesia is really the last thing to worry about. You are not out completely...it is like sedation you would receive for having your wisdom teeth out. No big deal at all.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post