Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

FET cyclers, please look!

Hi, ladies,
    How much Lupron you took/taking during your FET cycle and for how many days approximately? Also, what meds were you taking and for how long? I think I'm going to opt for the medicated cycle since there is monitoring and predictability, the "natural" does not make me feel secure. Thank you!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh, HopingandPraying can probably answer with specifics but I was on lupron a long time before my FET. My clinic wanted to know exactly when I ovulated the month prior so they had me use OPK to detect that and then 7 days after, I started lupron and I believe I was on it for 23 days before transfer. Not sure how much...stayed the same the whole time because unlike a fresh, they don't let off because they want to totally suppress you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I chose to do BCPs before because a) my periods are super heavy and BCPs help, and b) it bumped my transfer up a couple of weeks and I am so freaking ready for a transfer lol. I started Lupron (10 units) on the 1st and stopped BCPs on the 6th. I started my period a couple days off the BCPs, and my RE told me I could come in any time after that for my suppression check. Because of my DH's works schedule I wanted a Friday transfer, so I will start estrace this Sunday, and drop the Lupron to 5 units. I don't have the exact schedule infront of me, but the estrace dose goes up several times before transfer. I will be on estrace for exactly 20 days (they were really adamant about that for some reason) before transfer, and the last 5 days before transfer I will also be on PIO. From what I've gathered, the Lupron pretty much shuts everything down to the point where it doesn't really matter when you start the other stuff. You just have to start it in the luteal phase. I know of an IG member who was on it for 40 days and got pregnant, so it can vary a lot. HTH!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just getting my head around my planned FET but I think I will be on Lupron for around 30 days.
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone brought embies back to australia from overseas? Also one person said dont bother freezing one embey even if great quality only do it if you have two or more. Opinions Please

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't imported embies before, so i don't know about that. I would totally freeze a good quality embryo though, it only takes one!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopingandpraying View Post
    I haven't imported embies before, so i don't know about that. I would totally freeze a good quality embryo though, it only takes one!
    thanks the councellor said to freeze one but the embreoligist said dont bother! I will freeze one if I get any spares!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by erika View Post
    thanks the councellor said to freeze one but the embreoligist said dont bother! I will freeze one if I get any spares!
    Honestly, that would make me a little bit uneasy. You talked to the embryologist and he/she told you that he/she wouldn't bother freezing even a good quality embryo if there was only one? That would be kind of a red flag for me, because lots of clinics have good success with SET/FETs.

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopingandpraying View Post
    Honestly, that would make me a little bit uneasy. You talked to the embryologist and he/she told you that he/she wouldn't bother freezing even a good quality embryo if there was only one? That would be kind of a red flag for me, because lots of clinics have good success with SET/FETs.
    No need to wave any red flags!! I froze one embryo at that very same clinic, it was recommended by the doc that I did. But I fell pregnant from the first embie so didn't need it anyway. Erika - what embryologist? It does seem a strange thing to say when they have no power over what's done with it. Are there counsellors at superior art now?

Sorry patience4purple to jump on your thread.
    Last edited by PlanB; February 13th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by erika View Post
    Has anyone brought embies back to australia from overseas? Also one person said dont bother freezing one embey even if great quality only do it if you have two or more. Opinions Please
    There is nothing wrong with freezing a single embryo. I assume he is trying to say your chances with a FET are lower with only one embryo but it only takes one. Definitely freeze.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast