Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HT or Sway...poor pre-testing, 3 girls already

Looking for some help. We had 3 girls naturally (& were very lucky to conceive quickly) we want to try for our 4th child and would like a boy.

We decided to go down the IVF route & I chose a clinic and am due to go in August 2018, however I had really poor test results..

AMH 2.4 pmol/l which i believe is very low for my age (35)
    AFC 6 follicles on day 2 of cycle.

Naive of me, but very shocked at my results. My clinic still seem fairly optimistic but obviously with less eggs my chances of a boy are much lower (as I am obviously immediately dismissing all healthy girl embryos)

My partner now feels considering the cost of IVF and my results we should maybe sway again. My 2nd we did shettles timing (before I realised this was tosh and so obvs got another girl! ) and my 3rd was a failed boy sway (but done without a personalised plan)

I really don’t want a 4th girl if I’m honest.

Unsure what to do and would appreciate thoughts about ivf success with my results and likelihood of a 4th girl on another sway?? This would defo be our last child.

Am I just “set” to naturally concieve girls?!

Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am no expert so let the other expert chime in.
    I just wanted to share my experience...
    But my starting amh was 4 I think? and my follicle count was 50. So higher than average. I am 34. I had a successful round of ivf. I had mostly female embryos and only 1 healthy male. Shockingly bc we already have 2 boys and 1 daughter I thought we were destined for boys.(we wanted a girl) Not the case! I don't really think there is a sure fire way to know what you'll end up with. Ivf is a huge gamble. Period. Your numbers don't sound terribly low to me and if your clinic feels you have a good chance.. definitely consider!
    As for swaying.. obviously that too is a gamble if you don't want a fourth girl.
    For me... after losing a successful sway girl last year at 20 weeks ... I wanted to guarantee another girl and I wanted to make sure she was healthy. I swayed for a while and wasn't getting pregnant. If I did it was chemical pregnancies. With pgs tested embryos you are pretty much ruling out most chemical pregnancy issues as the embryo is normal.
    Maternal age factor started to become a huge scare for me as well so I wanted to bank my embryos if I could.
    I am now 21 weeks with a pgs ivf girl and unfortunately ran into problems this pregnancy despite going through all that. I am praying I make it to full term with my daughter. Although NOTHING brings me comfort in the thought of maybe losing another daughter... I am happy I have more embryos waiting for me if I ever need them.
    It's such a hard descion though and like I said definitely let the experts chime in...
    Best of luck to you! I am sure whatever descion you make will be the right one for you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 3littleladies01 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi mamabird4, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. You’re so right - it is a gamble either way, it’s just the cost of IVF is astronomical (& the emotional stress too already and I’m only really just starting out).

I keep thinking surely if we did it naturally the next one would be a boy...but I know from history that that’s defo not the case for me! . I think I am still hedging with IVF in my gut despite cost - I think I’m just panicking we could end up with zero healthy boys after all we go through.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss after a successful sway - that must have been absolutely devastating, I wish you all the luck with this pregnancy and really hope things turn out well for you. Big hugs x

Where did you cycle - UK or abroad?

Thanks again for your response.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had poor pretesting. I had to cancel the first cycle because I did not make enough eggs. I used DHEA for 9 months and all my pretesting got better. Tried again with a slightly different protocol and ended up with my son. It may take more than one try but I needed the guarantee.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your numbers are not bad at all! you can have success (CAN of course, as you never know) and if you could afford two cycles, I'd definitely try.
    I tried IVF for gender selection but unfortunately it wasn't meant for us. I also have 3 little girls (a failed sway as well) and wanted to make sure this 4rth, last baby was a boy. BUT the huge difference to you is that my AMH was 0.6 and FSH 12 (at 34). I wished I had your pretesting results!! But still I tried because I wanted it so much. Now, 4 rounds of IVF treatment with 2 transfers of 1 healthy 6dHB later, I'm looking differently on things. After massive frustration and despair, of course (IVF roller coaster really is no piece of cake!) I'm calm now. I've tried everything and obviously our life was meant to be that way and it's OK. I could accept it after this experience, so that was the good part of it lol.
    I thought the same I'm just "set" for naturally conceiving girls - but thats not a thing as I learnt from atomic. (https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...f-that-gender=) So, now I'm swaying one more time I'm not truly believing in it, but it can't hurt, right? No matter what baby comes, we will be happy with a healthy one of either gender. At least we make beautiful girls
    (thank you atomic!)

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 3littleladies01 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HT or Sway...poor pre-testing, 3 girls already

Thanks guys for the advise.

If my first cycle is in 6 weeks should I take DHEA? Sounds like it may help?

Good luck with your sway aira22 - will keep an eye out and keep everything crossed. I think I’m the same - if we go through all this and it doesn’t work I will feel happy with my 3 beautiful girls and knowing I tried it all for a boy to finish off but it wasn’t meant to be. I think I will feel more settled and content with ‘my lot’ than if I don’t try the ivf at all

Good luck to you! I hope I hear blue news for you x