Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have followed girls cycling in Europe in depth over the past couple of years. We have seen failure after failure from North Cyprus clinics. 1 girl in 20 delivered a baby after doing IVF/PGD in Europe (that posted online) in 2010, just 5%. It was so bad at one point I was telling any girl thinking about it to stop wasting their money and go straight to the US. In 2011 very few girls posting on these forums went to North Cyprus, just the odd few who mostly posted negative stories. However a few girls went to Genesis and we have at last seen some positive news about a clinic in Europe. So much so, if I were looking to cycle now I would certainly give them serious consideration. So my advice would be, follow the success stories and go to genesis in Cyprus or buy a 2 cycle package in the US.
    Last edited by Dreaming; January 4th, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
    and my HT born May11

Feb10: IVF/PGD/SET in Europe: Chemical pregnancy. May10: FET/SET:BFN. Aug10 US cycle at HRC with Dr P SET: BFP!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    I have followed girls cycling in Europe in depth over the past couple of years. We have seen failure after failure from North Cyprus clinics. 1 girl in 20 delivered a baby in Europe after doing IVF/PGD (that posted online) in 2010, just 5%. It was so bad at one point I was telling any girl thinking about it to stop wasting their money and go straight to the US. In 2011 very few girls posting on these forums went to North Cyprus, just the odd few who also posted negative stories. However a few girls went to Genesis and we have at last seen some positive news about a clinic in Europe. So much so, if I were looking to cycle now I would certainly give them serious consideration. So my advice would be, follow the success stories and go to genesis in Cyprus or buy a 2 cycle package in the US.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond! Very helpful.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When talking about North Cyprus clinics I should have said that I also believe UKCFA to be a good clinic and I know 2 people who have been successful there in the last 3yrs. They are however very expensive, way more than cycling in the US and you have to pay quite a few thousand for the use of a UK coordinator. This bit is not optional and the idea of paying someone in the UK £3-4k just to access this clinic was a big put off for me.
    and my HT born May11

Feb10: IVF/PGD/SET in Europe: Chemical pregnancy. May10: FET/SET:BFN. Aug10 US cycle at HRC with Dr P SET: BFP!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanS View Post
    Obviously I can't comment on anyone else's experience. I can just tell you about my own and the women who were at the hotel at the same time as me who also got pregnant. The hospital was being refurbished when I was there and they had loads of new equipment. Julie kept me up to date about what was happening with my embryos and she was able to answer all my questions so I think she does know what she's talking about. I also read the Dogus thread on Fertility Friends and Baby Centre - Cyprus babies group and there are lots of BFPs so I think it's really unfair to say that Dogus never have positives ever. Just because you got a negative result doesn't mean that everyone will. I'm certainly proof that there are positives and my cousin is going soon as well so hopefully she'll be another positive.
    were thinking of using dogus for pgd but hear so many bad reports, really confused if you could help?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi niceguyeddie. I can't sleep because of the baby so I thought I'd write back to you at this crazy hour of the morning! Please PM me with all your questions and I'll do my best to help. I don't feel like writing on here because everyone seems so negative and just talk about Genesis when it's a Dogus thread. I think only two of us have actually been to Dogus, Molly and me, so we are the only ones who know what's going on. Molly went in August and I went in November so I have a more recent experience which was amazing. The other thing I want to point out is that the other North Cyprus clinics have worse success rates so I don't think it's fair to put them all under one bracket. Anyway, niceguyeddie I'll look out for your PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanS View Post
    Hi niceguyeddie. I can't sleep because of the baby so I thought I'd write back to you at this crazy hour of the morning! Please PM me with all your questions and I'll do my best to help. I don't feel like writing on here because everyone seems so negative and just talk about Genesis when it's a Dogus thread. I think only two of us have actually been to Dogus, Molly and me, so we are the only ones who know what's going on. Molly went in August and I went in November so I have a more recent experience which was amazing. The other thing I want to point out is that the other North Cyprus clinics have worse success rates so I don't think it's fair to put them all under one bracket. Anyway, niceguyeddie I'll look out for your PM.
    I was wiling to play along until you criticize legitimate users on the site with actual experience. You cannot come on here and make fake posts about fake experiences with a clinic. I won't allow it. There is too much at stake both financially and emotionally. Just stop now or I will expose all.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks NBP straight to the point.
    Thats why this site is better than the rest. None of these trolls will pay for membership and share there cycle details I wounder why.
    The HT journey is such a hard path to take and we need honest people to share there cycles good or bad.
    So if you are unsure on where to cycle it is worth the membership to read as much info as you can about cycles all over the world not just cyprus.
    2 gorgeous and my beautiful genesis TWIN GIRLS:

Sometimes the strongest women are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well done girls!!

The reason only Molly is the only dogus girl here and why we speak so badly of them is because we all know how bad they and there reputation are!!

The other site has thread after thread about the awful experiences people had.

From the girl who was struggling to breathe after ER and was ignored by the nurses, to the ladies who called them during their cycle and were ignored.

This site is to help and advise new girls who need the correct info.
    I would never forgive myself if I didn't speak up and warn people that these north Cyprus clinics are conning people.

The only genuine Cyprus clinics IMO are ukcfa and genesis xx
    5 gorgeous 's
    And my beautiful genesis Cyprus born May 12

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to here of your success. Don't know if you are still on here but I have three boys and went to Dogus for a girl but it failed despite everything seeming perfect. Do you know of any other success stories as I have booked my next cycle, but am worried about the bad press it gets.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Glad to here of your success. Don't know if you are still on here but I have three boys and went to Dogus for a girl but it failed despite everything seeming perfect. Do you know of any other success stories as I have booked my next cycle, but am worried about the bad press it gets.
    The poster with the "success" is a fraud. Just FYI.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast