Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sorry to read your results. I'm 40 and we got fewer eggs than expected and I (along with the wonderful advice of everyone here!!!) changed MY course I wanted to take. My dr wanted me to do a 24 panel aCGH at Genesis (we did a 5 panel FISH 2 years ago, got my 2 boys, 1 hatching, 1 not, resulted in m/c of the 1 at 12 weeks). I was lucky to have it take first shot, but I NEVER saw the m/c coming! I was devastated. I wanted to cycle right away too, but I wasn't in a good place mentally or financially at the time. I left my job, waited a year, got mentally and physically healthy and tried again. It hurts, but you become stronger for it!
    Of course being older worked against us. My dr. changed up my meds this round assuring me of up to 15 eggs. We got 3 less than last time and even fewer embies. Better results with them this time, though. My dr. made me wait 2 extra days to trigger which flew me into a panic too. I really got the feeling this time around that the entire clinic was in it for the money. I didn't receive the same level of care that I did the first cycle, I had to make call after call to get results and next course of action, NO ONE called me to let me know, talk about getting p'd off! So I can relate to you feeling like you got less than quality care.

We decided if this round doesn't take, we're switching clinics. There was too great a push to use Genesis with very little test results to be offered. At least now I know if my little boys don't take after a second FISH panel it's on me, it was my decision to change procedure, and I fully accept that. IF they/he does/do take, then I am going to think twice about recommending them. A friend of mine has been using the same doctor, and she's had 5 consecutive BFN with very poor procedure choices (they've actually had to refund her money since they made a few bad calls!)

Good luck with cycle 2, I'm hoping that you've gotta get through the first cycle to get your baby the second cycle!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sprinkle, sorry to hear about your bfn. I went through Paul Rainsbury as well and paid up front for two cycles. After having a bfn with Paul and going to genesis I really did not want to go through Paul for the second attempt even though I had paid for it. So i spoke with Savvas to see if he could do the meds and monitoring etc in Cypus but still get the money from Paul Rainsbury since they work together and yes they did come up with some agreement. Rainsbury sent the meds and i went to Cyprus for 2 weeks where i got constant monitoring and better care directly from Savvas since he was calling the shots this time and not Rainsbury where he was only reading from email scans. Hope your decision is the right one. I would also wait possibly for 2 normal menstrual cycles before going down this journey again. Your body needs to adjust before more treatment.
    Good luck

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tinksmagic did you go to Cyprus? I think you talk about another Genesis clinic.......

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think she may be. There is one in Cyprus under Dr Savvas (excellent) and i do believe there is on in the USA and i know nothing about it.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate View Post
    I think she may be. There is one in Cyprus under Dr Savvas (excellent) and i do believe there is on in the USA and i know nothing about it.
    No, she is referring to a lab where they do PGD called Genesis here in the States. Not the clinic.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you nuthinbutpink that was what I was thinking .

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi desperate i was wondering how things are all going? I'm going back on the 12th of march so fingers crossed this time, I am now truly despererate!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to jump in but I was wondering if someone might tell me who is all heading to Genesis within the next few months? As this is the clinic I am interested in I am keen to follow those who are cycling there soon. Thank you

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a sticky in the Member forums. If they see this post, perhaps they will PM you.

ETA- I just checked the thread and so far, there are 5 scheduled to go!
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; January 25th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Secretly Sad, I am just jumping in to say become a member, there are lots of girls at the moment going through Cyprus as well as the states. In the private section there are cycle stickies where you can read up on everyones present and past cycles. It is well worth the money as a lot of people wont actually post out here because it isn't private.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast