Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face 1st cycle at Genesis

Hi everyone
    I'm Sprinkle and am new on here. I returned on Thursday after my first IVF PGD at Genesis via Paul Rainsbury.
    I had an interesting experience that started so so promising but has left me very confused and upset. I'm 30 years old and all my scans and bloods for this cycle were all perfect in showing great follicle growth and ovarian reserves. I had my last London scan on the Monday and they told me I would be ready for my ovulation injection on the Weds, Dr Savvas scanned me on the Weds and was very excited and said I was definitely ready and my uterus and fertility seemed 'excellent'. He started telling us that I should do my ovulaltion shot that evening for EC on Friday, he called his secretary to book me in and suddenly he changed his mind and made it the Saturday and told me to continue my injections for one more night. (The Friday we later found out was a bank holiday and the clinic was closed). 16 eggs were retrieved on the Sat (again he said that was 'optimum') and after the op he was talking incredibly optimistically. It then all went wrong.

Only 1 of my eggs made it to blast and the ones that fertilised split and developed very slowly and were no good. i'm 30 years old and have 2 healthy kids (aged 1.5 and 2.5) who were conceived easily. I had no reason to believe that my eggs have suddenly deteriorated to that of someone 10years older than me overnight, so I'm concerned that the extra day of injections had an adverse effect on my eggs and has left me in this situation. Is this possible? Dr Savvas had been fantastic up until the phone call after my EC, and at our meeting after the ET he didn't even look me in the eye when we were talking and was incredibly harsh towards me and left me so so upset.

I'm 2dp5dt and feeling incredibly pessimistic and plan on going back for the 2nd cycle I've paid for as soon as I can.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

I didn't think genesis worked with rainsbury anymore?
    The girls here have gone independitely to savvas for treatment.

You never really know how the embryos will develop and a number of things could influence this!

I have very young children and it still took me 3 cycles to get a Bfp

I stimmed for 2 days extra after savvas instructions and all was fine.

I don't think the fact it was a bank holiday would matter as I've known him opening clinic to scan people when he's been closed for annual holidays!!
    5 gorgeous 's
    And my beautiful genesis Cyprus born May 12

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, they 100% still work together as we just got back 2 days ago...

I hope it didn't matter the extra day but I'm just trying to understand what turned this cycle from so promising from everyones point of view to a huge disappointment. I have pre-paid for 2 cycles so will hope I have a better 2nd experience if this one proves to fail.

Congrats on your BFP

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou

How good was the embryo? Did he say how he thought it would go?
    5 gorgeous 's

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He said it was very good but with only one he could only give a 30% chance

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How far apart from each other were your cycles?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    30% is still a chance of success xx

I cycled in oct 10, then April 11 and then sept/oct 11.
    5 gorgeous 's

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what to say about the timing but I am happy that you got a transfer! You only need one. Thanks for posting!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience! Can Dr Rainsbury offer you any advice on why it may have gone wrong? When are you supposed to do a pregnancy test? Good luck I really hope its a sticky one for you.
    x 2, ttc girl in 2014!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for reading. Dr Rainsbury is waiting to hear directly from Dr Savvas to go over the details with me. I've had a few days to relax about it now and I know there is that 30% chance but if it doesn't happen I want to get straight back in and cycle again. Im not entirely sure when he told me to test as I was too overwhelmed with disappointment when he was talking about it, but will get more info from Rainsbury tomorrow xx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast