Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks that is a great idea telling GP have relatives overseas - the GP's here in our town are so hard to get into. Got given names of QFG clinics in Brisbane and Gold Coast that HRC deal with. Didn't realise had to get referrel - was hoping didn't have to do that as I have to get testing done this week. By sounds of it no way of getting around referrel. Thanks again.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's so annnoying isn't it?! The Bris and Gold Coast Clinics I was given by HRC are IVF clinics which require a consultation before they actually do any testing. I've been quoted $200 for a consultation alone... and they seem uncomfortable with carrying out the testing. I need to get my testing asap too so I'm going to have to find another dr who will give me the referrals to go directly to QML and a radiography centre - I'll save a fortune by the sounds of it!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, finding a sympathetic GP will save you money and headaches for sure. Thats the best way .
    Good luck, not easy. My GP was a family friend and he was lovely.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also looking at going to HRC in July 2012 but I think I might have some issues with the monitoring in Australia.
    I know I can do the full cycle in the states but leaving my four daughters will just be to hard I think. I dont know who to go too, I am embarressed to go to my OB because he has delieverd all my daughters and he has daughters himself and he is a believer in "you get what you get".

Does anybody know any clinics in Sydney that can do the monitoring. I know Sydney IVF wont help they will only help you if you go to Thailand and Im definately not doing that. Any advise or help ladies?
    and again and one more time makes 4
    Praying for for early 2012 with pgd

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twins2 View Post
    I am also looking at going to HRC in July 2012 but I think I might have some issues with the monitoring in Australia.
    I know I can do the full cycle in the states but leaving my four daughters will just be to hard I think. I dont know who to go too, I am embarressed to go to my OB because he has delieverd all my daughters and he has daughters himself and he is a believer in "you get what you get".

Does anybody know any clinics in Sydney that can do the monitoring. I know Sydney IVF wont help they will only help you if you go to Thailand and Im definately not doing that. Any advise or help ladies?

last I asked, sivf do help with monitoring in U.S but charge $500 for the privilege ! You can also try Australian IVF. Are there any clinics where you are that can help you ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both SIVF (now called Genea) and IVF Australia will do monitoring for $500 and $1000 respectively.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With Genea, what does the $500 cover?

I can't understand why a GP can't give a referral to a local radiographer for the ultrasound requirements. I can't find anywhere on the Gold Coast to assist so I will happily fly to Sydney if a clinic there will help.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the entire testing/cycle in the US (at HRC)? Will it cost heaps more??

I'm tearing my hair out with frustration over this testing malarky!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetie, I hear you there! In Perth it is actually illegal for a GP or anyone else to help us with anything to do with GS. They can actually be prosecuted, can you believe that? Fortunately most don't know this and if you do get a GP that is willing to help, they can give you the referral to get stuff done. It is finding the right one. I actually went to my normal GP who I knew would disapprove and I said look, it is either you help me, or I find a dr who will, I have thought about this a lot, you are not going to change my mind and I REALLY want you as my dr on this and she went OK. She didn't love the idea but she saw I was serious and then didn't say much about it.

I know that in Sydney drs will help you track a cycle, and give you the requests for meds and bloods etc... the thing with when you are actually cycling is they need those test results the day you have them done, so you need someone that will be quick to forward stuff on etc.... that is why an IVF clinic would be good.

I have used Genea for my Thailand cycles and they were very good at correlating it, I am sure they would be the same for HRC.

I don't see why you would not be able to go through a Sydney IVF clinic and have to travel there, most would be able to do a phone or skype consult and then go from there. The RE basically doesn't do much with your cycle anyway, everything is conveyed through the nurse, who takes everything to the RE.

You would want to get the pre testing done here, you couldn't go to HRC and do that then do a cycle, it all has to be sorted before.
    Last edited by glory; March 6th, 2012 at 07:48 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know Mocha May - I am in same boat. It is stressing me out almost to the point where i think maybe it is telling me something. All this added expense referrels etc. freaking me out- as if its not bad enough that the procedure costs so much. I am wondering same thing = going in May for a month and wondering if could do whole thing while over there- pretesting, monitoring etc. Is this a possiblity - I'm guessing no because of the meds etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say no to going and doing everything over there, the pretesting has to be done at the start of a month and then cycle would have to be worked out.

I have often thought what about a GP after hours? I know the ones over here are generally just foreign doctors who agree to anything. The testing really isn't that bad, well the bloods aren't, the ultrasound is pretty straight forward too and I just went to a local radiology, but I think Dr P likes a sonohystogram? That would be harder to swing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast