Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks glory for your info. Not a bad idea about after hours places. Just wonder how people get to the stage of having procedures at HRC. So much to do and roadblocks along the way. Seems so far away....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, it is really hard from Australia. If I was on the other side of the country like you, I would have gone the HRC route but Thailand was just closer. Things have changed a lot there since my first cycle, their testing is a lot better, but they are also stricter about what embryo can be biopsied, so that makes it harder once again.

I know that if this next cycle doesn't work, I will go to HRC at the end of the year and the thought of having to go through all the pre testing and getting referrals again is going to do my head in, it makes me feel horrible just thinking about it.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bubbaboo - I feel defeated before I've even started! But I figured that if I give up and throw all this testing etc stuff into the too hard basket then I will miss the boat on having a daughter... and that is a way more a horrible situation to be in than perservering through this awful getting started with the testing stage. Doesn't make it any easier, especially when I have no one to talk to about it.

Glory - I tried the after hours foreign dr. He is the type of dr who doesn't look at you or say a word when you need a prescription so I thought he'd be perfect for helping me out. But even he was totally suspicious of my testing requirements and didn't want to touch it. He reluctantly agreed to a script for the blood work but refused any assistance with the ultrasounds.

My next plan is to go to Monash IVF in 2 weeks where I have practically begged them to help. I have a consultation booked ($260!!!!) and then I am hoping that that after I plead my case they will assist with the sonohysterogram, antral follicle count and my AMH count. I'll let you know how I go!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I was pretty lucky with my GP I have had 3 different ones at the same office and had not problems with any of the referrals. I just gave them the orders from Dr Potter and said my sister worked in his office and I was going over there for my cycle but needed my pre testing done. I have even got tested for Fragile X as well, it is just the luck of how the Dr is a lot of time. Good luck

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I know, it is really hard from Australia. If I was on the other side of the country like you, I would have gone the HRC route but Thailand was just closer. Things have changed a lot there since my first cycle, their testing is a lot better, but they are also stricter about what embryo can be biopsied, so that makes it harder once again.

I know that if this next cycle doesn't work, I will go to HRC at the end of the year and the thought of having to go through all the pre testing and getting referrals again is going to do my head in, it makes me feel horrible just thinking about it.
    Glory, if your last pretesting wasn't too long ago, you'll be able to use it at HRC. lets hope u don't need to go there.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Mocha May I agree with you - it is hard but if you don't then you may not get your precious little one. I am the same I have to do this and get over this. I rang Monash IVF today and they gave me Diagnostic imaging phone number in Brisbane for the sonohysterogram and said to call them to organise it and to call Sullivan Nicolades or QML to organise blood tests. Have also made an appointment with GP here so not sure how it is going to go. Will be interesting - let you know if I get blood test orders etc. Here's hoping.
    Something I am a bit frustrated with is - am new to this and forgive me if this sounds rude/disrespectful - but I feel like i have to ask the questions via email at HRC to even get the contact list of clinics - i guess would have liked a bit more hand holding as to how to go about these things (sorry if sounds lame!!!!). I am sure they are very busy and just can't do that. I might be a bit pre-menstrual too(doh!).

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bubbaboo I know what you mean. I had to ask for a list too and I still don't actually understand the process of what happens after the testing (if I manage to even get it completed!). I guess we are just 2 out of hundreds of patients that they see and perhaps don't understand the dramas us Aussies have in getting help with the testing.

With your sonohysterogram, do you need a referral then or can you book an appointment without one? I wonder if the testing paperwork that HRC sent would class as a referral? I contacted a local radiographer earlier and they advised I needed a referral and that the sono would cost $500. I have to go to Monash to get the referral though.

I also contacted HRC about doing the entire procedure over there and potentially skip any testing here in Aus. I was advised I would need to be there for 21 days to do the entire cycle but the pretesting which would be the uterine eval and the antral follicle count ultrasound will have to be done way before you start any treatment. So it looks like there is no avoiding the pretesting here unfortunately.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mocha May - went to GP and got referrels to Diagnostic Imaging centre and for bloods - dont think referrel is right after I looked at it outside the doctors, as antral follicle test is for day 2,3,4 and the sono is for day 6-12 and she has referrel on same piece of paper. Doh. Interesting... Will have to ring DIC about this. In answer to your question - yes you do need a referrel from doctor (don't know if would accept it from US doc) - you could try - didn't want to chance it since I do live a distance away. Good luck- hopefully you have success with this.

PS thanks for sharing all of this with me and others....especially acknowledging my winge!!!!!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Muls View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking to do PGD in america in 2013 and would like to know of stories of any women from Australia who have been there and had success and where you went. I am in country NSW and would love to know if there is anyone from Canberra or Sydney and where they went for pretesting.
    I am due to have DS4 in June but would like to gather all my info now so I can prepare and save

Thanks
    Hi there - I'm in a similar position to you. I'm due in August with #2 and am also considering PGD in America in 2013 for our third (and final) child. It's all a bit overwhelming when you first start looking into it all.. isn't it! But from what I've read on this forum so far, everyone is very very helpful.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi bubbaboo the referal is fine you get a scan done on day2,3,or 4 to check for follicles then you have to get another scan done where they infuse your uterus with saline to get a better look and that is done from day 6-12. Mine were on the same referal as well and I had to go to 2 diffferent places, all the did was give me a photocopt to take with me. HTH Good Luck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast