Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just found this forum - hoping to re-connect!

I gave up on the other site for a long time, was directed here today. I was hoping to run into some "old friends" from the PGD forum and see how everyone is doing! I will keep reading around. In the meantime, here's my update:

After a long, horrible, tedious, ridiculous 2 years, I'm currently on my last cycle of IVF / PGD ('m 37 now). The last round went so horribly (7 follicles but only 1 egg!) that my guilty-feeling doctor gave me a free round this time. You know you're responding poorly when that happens!! :-)

So this time we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, then we batched it with the one little embryo from last time and sent to PGD. Results Saturday night: only one normal embryo out of all four, and it was a girl! Transferred it yesterday (already hatching) and now I'm just waiting for Saturday to test.

I am hopeful, but realistic too. I've only had 2 transfers out of all my cycles but both were BFN. You just never know what's going to happen! I stayed on the couch most of yesterday but did get up to do a few things, today I'm just going to take it easy but get back to cooking and moving around normally. The studies on bed rest are funny - it seems to make it even LESS likely to get pregnant (some of them), so who knows what's best anymore?!

This is our last cycle. We move overseas in July (Foreign Service) and I'm hoping to go with a baby on board. If not, we're either going to stick with our really wonderful family (my GD is only 10% of what it used to be, and totally livable - my boys are amazing and great fun as they get older (especially the 6 year-old)), or look into adoption from the Democratic Republic of Congo - my heart is drawn to Africa.

Again, it's great to find you all again and I can't wait to catch up!
    Sarah

Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys!
    Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010

IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies)
    IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron
    IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies
    IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle
    IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN
    IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN
    IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle
    IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats lovely Twosweetguys. welcome and I remember you from IG.
    Good luck on saturday, it only takes 1 and after all your efforts,I hope you're rewarded.
    Otherwise your plan B's sound great too.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Glad you found us! Little different here- we have most people posting in the Member forum(the oldtimers you would recognize!). I'm glad you got a transfer and I really hope she sticks! Congrats!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I remember you, too. I'm formarly patienceforpurple and I'm back to cycling after two miscarriages-one from FET and one natural. I'm also about to start my last fresh cycle, so it's nerve-wrecking. Good luck and really hope this is for you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have been through a lot. Good luck to you, it only takes one?
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I 100% can't believe it, but I tested positive this morning. Absolutely surreal. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure a darker test tomorrow will help make this more real, but for now I'm going to enjoy seeing two lines for the fist time in 5 years. This would mean so much for our family in so many ways. At least now I have hope. Thank you all for your welcome!!!!

Sarah
    Sarah

Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys!
    Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010

IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies)
    IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron
    IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies
    IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle
    IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN
    IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN
    IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle
    IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome here and congrats on your bfp!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember you!! How exciting and CONGRATS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Congratulations im so happy for you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast