Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many calories do you eat per day? Do you know? What do you eat for breakfast?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Metformin takes a minimum of 2 months to work so I would get that done ASAP. The Paleo/Primal diet is great for PCOS, pm me about it if you want to know more if your insulin is spiking it can possibly cause a m/c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's painful and upsetting for me to even think about food-related stuff, that's how much of a problem I have with it. I know how to lose weight, believe me I know, you don't have to tell me how to do it. I've done it tons of times. I was really heavy at the end of high school, then crash dieted seventy pounds away in like five or six months, but then I didn't get my period for six months. So for me, dieting has always been associated with infertility, not to mention poor health. When I was ttc #3 and using the starvation method to have a girl, I was sick constantly and covered with cold sores all the time. Last year after DS3 was born I didn't starve myself, but I limited my calories and exercised for an hour or two a day six days a week, and doing that only made me lose about a pound a week every other week when I needed to lose about fifty or sixty pounds, and the exercising was taking time away from my family and DH so I quit.

Now I'm not overeating that much. I eat cereal for breakfast (I know it's more cereal than while I'm dieting but it's not that much more), a small lunch of frozen Amy's Organic type meals that are less than 400 calories or homemade hummus and pita and carrots, then I usually have a sweet snack at some point like a cookie, then dinner is reasonable. Dessert of dinner might be bigger than it should but I'm not putting down half a thing of oreos or a pint of ice cream a night or anything. I think the BFing hormones, then the IVF-related hormones and subsequent lethargy for fear of ovarian torsion and further winter lethargy are what is doing it the worst, but really even then I shouldn't be this fat. Also I know it's not a thyroid problem because I had testing for that a few months ago and it was fine.

I can't even imagine putting this on hold to diet. I had a full year between DS3 being born and IVF and I tried as hard as I could without starving myself for nine full months. I don't see how much better I could healthily do in less than a year's time, and then I have to wait to stabilize. Thinking about putting this on hold for two months to take the metformin makes me want to cry. A year or more of waiting is unacceptable. I've waited long enough.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Pearl View Post
    The thing is, the only way I seem to be able to lose weight is through extremely low calorie intake combined with a ton of exercise. I did that after DS3 and it still didn't work. Right now I haven't weighed myself in like six months but I'm guessing my BMI is like 28 or 29, maybe 30 at the worst, like high overweight or borderline obese. I'd have to like extreme diet for six months to a year, then wait another six months to stabilize, and I just can't right now. The waiting, I just can't do it anymore. I'm so tired.
    According to the lovely charts, body mass index of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal, 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight, and a BMI of 30 or higher is considered obese.

I would not cycle again until you lose some weight. That's how much it can hurt your chances. But whereas many on the forum cannot change a thing about themselves and have to search for something to help, you have way more control over how to make it work! I had to lose 60+ pounds after DS so I know how hard it is but it was calories in, calories burned and yes, I did have to work out. Unless you have a thyroid issue or a genetic issue, that's really all there is to it. My DD does have a genetic issue that leaves her with very little lean muscle mass and zero metabolism but we still control her weight through diet. That's even with genes working against her. If she can do it, I know you can too.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    According to the lovely charts, body mass index of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal, 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight, and a BMI of 30 or higher is considered obese.

I would not cycle again until you lose some weight. That's how much it can hurt your chances. But whereas many on the forum cannot change a thing about themselves and have to search for something to help, you have way more control over how to make it work! I had to lose 60+ pounds after DS so I know how hard it is but it was calories in, calories burned and yes, I did have to work out. Unless you have a thyroid issue or a genetic issue, that's really all there is to it. My DD does have a genetic issue that leaves her with very little lean muscle mass and zero metabolism but we still control her weight through diet. That's even with genes working against her. If she can do it, I know you can too.
    see above reply

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay. Just trying to help. I just don't think it is something you can ignore though.

I highly recommend the insulin testing. I'm just trying to help you find a way to make this work.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the metformin help a lot?

I looked into all this a long time ago when it became apparent that I'd be overweight while cycling because my dieting wasn't working because everything I try to do fails now, and I saw people asking about it with BMIs in the high thirties and forties. I know I'm not at a good place, but I can't be at the worst place weightwise.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have insulin resistance, yes, it should help with quality which means more fertilized hopefully and a better metabolic growth rate(getting to blast by day 5). Implantation is up to your body.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Pearl View Post
    So if I get insulin testing and they give me metformin, does that improve things significantly or will my fat ass and revolting unmoveable gut keep me from getting pregnant just like they keep me from looking in the mirror?
    You really have a nice sense of humor regardless of the circumstances...I think my BMI is close to 27-28, so brought my fatso to the gym and I know I'm loosing fat since it's hard to loose weight with having the hypothyroid crap. It looks like I'll be starting drugs ASAP for my last fresh IVF and I requested to get the IR test done prior to even looking at the calendar. My last frozen embryo was a HB on Day-6, grade 3, so needless to say, it didn't produce a healthy baby, just like I was suspecting...good luck to you and do whatever immune testing you could do without braking the bank, so at least you know that is not the reason for failure.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    If you have insulin resistance, yes, it should help with quality which means more fertilized hopefully and a better metabolic growth rate(getting to blast by day 5). Implantation is up to your body.
    See I think quality was definitely an issue, but I'm hoping it's mostly because of the drugs.

I'm sorry if I sounded argumentative, I'm just one big raw nerve right now and my weight has been my most sensitive subject since elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by purpledream View Post
    It looks like I'll be starting drugs ASAP for my last fresh IVF and I requested to get the IR test done prior to even looking at the calendar. My last frozen embryo was a HB on Day-6, grade 3, so needless to say, it didn't produce a healthy baby, just like I was suspecting...
    So did your IR test come back normal? What are you doing for this cycle? Are you trying for a day five biopsy again?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast