Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just about to take it, Purl, just got the labs today as I requested it last night after all the fuss about it on the board recently. Since this is my last go, I can't afford to sit stupidly and not do all I can to make sure I helped my egg quality, because my last cycle it suck a$$ and I lost both babies-one had sever NTD and the other didn't make it past the first trimester. My RE said that most likely we are dealing with crappy eggs, but I'm not too old even in the IVF world(just turned 36). My AMH went form 1.5 to 3 and I think mainly because of taking Propolis, Royal Jelly and anti-oxidants. We shall see what all this will do for me in the upcoming weeks...I'm so sorry for your BFN and I know what it means to be on the other side of the stats and not once, but twice. I will be doing the 5-Day GSN with planned FET just like Michaela and hope for the best. That is the best I can do and the most info I will get for my embies before transfer, if I'm lucky to have one.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ir testing plus positive positive thinking. Maybe get those relaxation/meditation CD's to help ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey hun, big hugs to you! I TOTALLY get what you are saying about the weight loss. My BMI is high, like 34, so high. I got a lap band about 4 years ago and since then I have lost approx 40kgs, which is 90ish pounds. I have always been big but after my ds2, who had so many medical issues I just over ballooned, but I am at a weight now that is stable and the band is adjustable so I can get it tightened and loose weight when I want. (Sounds easy but it is not).

I totally understand the wanting to cycle now and not wait. How I see it, is I could loose the weight I need in a year and a half and be fine and I know once I have this baby if I ever get pregnant, that is what I will do, but at the same time you are weighing up the time you have left with the eggs you have. I also don't want the gap between my ds3 and the new baby to be too large, I already have a big gap with ds2 and 3 because of number 2's health issues.

Last year when I was cycling in Thailand I had my band loose so I could get all the nutrients, take my vitamins etc and the results wasn't good, plus I put back on about 6kgs. Since december I have lost and extra 8kg, and this cycle there was no huge different with egg quantity, quality is yet to be seen.

I know Dr Potter is very keen on insulin resistance but it has never been suggested to me, loosing weight has been suggested but even then they have been talking about a couple of kilos, not getting my BMI down to 24. I know someone who cycled with Dr Lin and said that there was nothing wrong with the insulin results and then dr Potter said, that she must take the insulin med, I am hoping she has a better cycle but won't know till she cycles

Anyway what I am trying to say is, I think your point is vaild, get the test done anyway and see what your RE has to say about it. With the weight if you can try and stick to a healthy eating plan, which is what I am trying to do now and not add anymore weight on and hopefully loose some and add in some exercise it may help your chances.
    Last edited by glory; March 7th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Losing only 5-10% of one's body weight does sooooo much! You don't need to be at a goal weight or put unrealistic expectations on your shoulders that's for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234