Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Third beta is in - what do you guys think?

So the nurse just called and was all "Well, it's *close* to what we want to see."

Beta is 561, which is a doubling time of 54 hours from my last beta of 120 on Wednesday the 14th. So now we have:

3/12/12 (8DP5DT, 13 DPO): 55
    3/14/12 (10DP5DT, 15 DPO): 120 (doubling time 43 hours)
    3/19/12 (15DP5DT, 20 DPO): 561 (doubling time 54 hours)

When I told the nurse it was right in-between 48 and 72 hours, she was like "Yes, great - everything looks good." Then WTF about saying "close to what we want to see?" I freaking HATE the nurses I'm working with. Really hate them at this point.

Back on Thursday the 22nd for one more beta and my first ultrasound.

What do you guys think? Should I relax? I feel like I've been hit with an adrenalin hammer. When you compare my 5-week beta with others online, it's NOTHING. Most people are at least 1,000 - that's the lowest I saw. I have been doing so well, and now I feel like sh**. :-(

Sorry for the drama guys. I just don't know what to do with myself right now...
    Last edited by TwoSweetGuys; March 19th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Sarah

Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys!
    Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010

IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies)
    IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron
    IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies
    IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle
    IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN
    IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN
    IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle
    IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah hunnie, I don't know enough to give you advice but the fact they're doubling looks like a great sign to me, I'm sure you're fine but really felt youre anxiousness and frustration & wanted to send you

Last edited by perrypop3; March 19th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

HRC cycle 1 Feb 2012
    ER 14 eggs, 9 fert and biopsy 24 GSN, 4 normals inc 2 's
    1 transferred & BFP
    But at 20 weeks my angel Violet passed away

November 2012 FET #1 - ended in chemical, went down the immune issues path with Dr Gorgy

April 2013 Cycle 2 - HRC
    ER 9 eggs, 8 fert, only 5 biopsied day5, 4 normals only 1 girl!
    Transferred 1
    Beta 10dpt 123, 14dpt 1171
    But at 19 weeks Primrose passed away

Dec 2013 cycle 3 - HRC
    ER 8 eggs, 7 fert, 1 frozen
    Searching and praying for a Gestational Carrier (surrogate)
    to carry our DD (under Dr Potters advisement)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im not sure because these are ivf dates so im not sure how all that works out. they are already grown several days when they put them back in right? so im not sure how you measure. i was told i needed to double every 48 hours. at the beginning of my miscarriage i had a rise but not a double. my hcg went up and up and up everytime but for really enough for it to double. i started bleeding around 7 weeks. but you can have low hcg, maybe it didn't implant until later? i was 17dpo and my hcg was only 200 this time.
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're just going to have to wait and see at this point. The only thing you can do is get another beta and hold out for your u/s. The waiting is so hard.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are fine. Think mine was 489 at 14dp and 1387 or something at 17dp5dt so two days after you, not hugely different. Deep breaths. I think if anything was wrong, things would be going backwards not forwards !
    Good luck
    Last edited by jils04; March 19th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Sarah - wondering how things went on the 22nd with U/S and beta. I've been through the whole low beta drama and its the pits. Judging from your siggy you've been through HT hell over the last 2yrs. Thinking of you. MMx
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi matilda! I just saw this. Thank you for thinking of me! Things are okay. Fourth beta went up to 1638 which is great. First ultrasound at 5 weeks 2 days showed a sac measuring the right size, but with a bleed around the sac which may be a big deal and may be no big deal. Going back tomorrow for another ultrasound. I will update. Thank you!!!
    Sarah

Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys!
    Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010

IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies)
    IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron
    IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies
    IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle
    IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN
    IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN
    IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle
    IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope all turns out good. GL!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy to read your update TSG!!! Good luck at your next scan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast