Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you misunderstand Rosie! I don't agree with gun ownership myself, I don't think there's any reason for a member of the public to ever need any kind of gun, especially as all statistics show that proportionately the US has one of the highest rates of gun crime, especially compared to where I live in the uk, where we (touch wood) have had nothing similar happen since public ownership of guns was made illegal, which is pretty much all the proof you need imo that gun control laws work.... BUT I have absolutely no idea what it is like to live in america, the scale of the country is just mind boggling, and you know the thought of millions of random people running around carrying guns is actually terrifying to me, it probably would make me feel I needed a gun myself to be safe!!! Guns beget guns don't they!

...So I guess I don't feel like I have any right to say well it works for MY country or whatever because it is different. Everyone over here is totally blown away by the suggestion that teachers be armed - it's like an insane sick joke, I think you'd be hard pressed to find even ten people in the whole of the UK who would agree to it, so obviously the public's attitude towards guns as a whole is different, making the situation different - does that make sense?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg I read that they wanted to give teaches guns! Immedietly this scenario played through my head..... Depressed teacher goes to school and shoots all her students!..... And that is not far fetched I could almost guarantee something like that happening if teachers get guns! Instead of making less guns they are handing more out! It's insane! I live in Canada and have only ever see a police gun and probably only once... But let me tell you I can almost guarantee that if my parents had a gun collection growing up there would be a few dead people possibly even me! From my insane brother! I'm telling you if guns were not so accessible the magnitude of these shootings would be so different! Even when this conneticut killer went and tried to buy a gun he was turned Dow so this means that if his mother did not collect guns and did not take her unstable son to the shooting range this would not have happend!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that some people would still find a way to hurt people, but it doesn't mean that it has to be so easily accessible for them to do so. I also don't understand why anyone (civilian) would ever need an assault rifle. Ever. We grew up with rifles for hunting in the house, but it wasn't because we'd get eaten by a bear if we didn't have it. My dad and brothers liked to go deer hunting, or rabbits or stuff. It was never a semi-automatic!

I used to teach and I would not feel comfortable with anyone being able to keep a gun in their classroom. No way. I do think that we should have an armed school resource officer in each school. Many schools do and while it may not keep 100% of the bad things from happening, it does help. Even when you have a student that is going haywire or fights. They don't pull their gun on them or anything, but they can be there to protect the students and teachers. But a gun for the teacher? No way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234