Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Genderless my a$$ ! Plz look at the pics that poor boy look like a girl on all the pics with the pig tail and all! They are psychos!
    And look at the baby I think everyone can tell it's a boy. Poor kids gonna be messed up...
    I think they have GD big time and wanted a girl.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm, I do think it's sad how the oldest, Jazz, is already picked on so much and he knows it. That's kinda sad. I am sure he will grow up to be a cool little guy, but he will undoubtedly have more to go through emotionally than my kids will, that is for sure. I don't mean to judge, but I let my girls choose what they want to wear and play with, but I am not going to point them in the direction of the boy's section at Target. They know they are girls, and are proud of it. They like playing with all sorts of stuff, but you know, this society, however sad, is what it is....so to give your kids this kind of bizarre upbringing would not be my choice. I think my biggest problem is with this unschooling thing....great, I get it, there are all sorts of uncoventional types of learning, but do that after your kid gets home from regular school. I mean, can you even GO to college if you are unschooled? I am going to google in a minute, as I know nothing about it, but if I were on a college admissions committee, I would have a very hard time admitting a young man who never took an exam or learned the "basics." I like to think we "unschool" the girls after 3pm and on the weekends, but I do think in this academic structure in our society, that you need to have either some form of structured schooling, whether it is homeschooling or at an organized school. No goals or testing just doesn't sound like a good example for what life really entails.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys....
    They dress as boys - some are for either gender like pants, shorts, and jackets to be passed on. I just can't put them in pink.
    Have boy toys - they have cars, trains, tools, musical instruments, but they also have a playhouse, kitchen, and baby dolls. I will let them pick their toys within reason... like no barbies. But they do play with their cousins dolls and girly toys.
    They are treated as boys but they still get the hugs and kisses if they get hurt.

We don't fully force "boyism" but we try to teach them the difference in boys and girls so when they grow up they know the the different roles. I think it will confuse a child in future and cause major issues in adulthood.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Draper View Post
    I don't know . . . I think the people who were raised by militant hippie-type liberals usually turn out pretty smart, open-minded, interesting, and liberal themselves. This baby will be able to say "I am a boy (or girl)" by the time he/she is 4. This secret thing during the infant stage does make a statement - why is everyone so obsessed? And the older two - being unschooled and choosing clothes - I have no problem with any of that. Society is pretty sick, the gender roles are upsetting, and I tend to side with anyone that challenges those roles. I mean, you can't raise children this way and then throw them in public middle school. But if you can find a nice, sizable group with similar values to socialize with, continue the education at home - by the time they reach college they will probably be pretty smart and capable of having a great life. If you compare this to all the other disturbing ways parents "socialize" their kids - like in super religious closed-off worlds. If I had to choose to be born into this family or into a home-schooled evangelical Christian home, or Orthodox Jewish home, I would take being genderless any day!
    I second this I especially agree with the part about not be able to raise them like this and then throwing them to the wolves, so to speak. I plan on unschooling my kids for better part of their schooling but I'm also surrounded by many other parents that are doing the same thing. I feel very confident about their future
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I second this I especially agree with the part about not be able to raise them like this and then throwing them to the wolves, so to speak. I plan on unschooling my kids for better part of their schooling but I'm also surrounded by many other parents that are doing the same thing. I feel very confident about their future
    It's great that you have a supportive community of fellow unschoolers! That makes all of the difference for a lot of people. I did check it out...not my personal preference, but I am sure your kids will have a great future indeed.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Draper View Post
    I don't know . . . I think the people who were raised by militant hippie-type liberals usually turn out pretty smart, open-minded, interesting, and liberal themselves. This baby will be able to say "I am a boy (or girl)" by the time he/she is 4. This secret thing during the infant stage does make a statement - why is everyone so obsessed? And the older two - being unschooled and choosing clothes - I have no problem with any of that. Society is pretty sick, the gender roles are upsetting, and I tend to side with anyone that challenges those roles. I mean, you can't raise children this way and then throw them in public middle school. But if you can find a nice, sizable group with similar values to socialize with, continue the education at home - by the time they reach college they will probably be pretty smart and capable of having a great life. If you compare this to all the other disturbing ways parents "socialize" their kids - like in super religious closed-off worlds. If I had to choose to be born into this family or into a home-schooled evangelical Christian home, or Orthodox Jewish home, I would take being genderless any day!
    Good point.... my bro and his wife went Christian nut and now live in the middle of no where and are homeschooling their kids with only the bible. They don't believe they need math. Science and history are against God.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are going to do a Waldorf homeschooling with an unschooling twist (no grades, test, and special subject by choice) and also basic reglious studies on all religions that we can find info on. Only for p-k to 8th because I would like my kids to have the option of going to public school or staying home.

One of my sons best friends is unschooled and he is very smart and well rounded.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At least the parents of the genderless child didn't name him after Hitler like the parents on the east coast did, can't remember where. And the other 2 kids in the family had Nazi names too.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; May 27th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am all for unschooling. Our school system is for the most part whack. Not for ungendering. Maybe gender-widening...gender re-framing...gender experimenting even...but I think parents are doing much more hurtful things to children and media attention would be better spent on true child abuse and how to stop that.
    and my HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    I am all for unschooling. Our school system is for the most part whack. Not for ungendering. Maybe gender-widening...gender re-framing...gender experimenting even...but I think parents are doing much more hurtful things to children and media attention would be better spent on true child abuse and how to stop that.
    I agree with this too. Media needs to focus on important things. I have zero problems with this family but does it really need to be covered?? Right now the FDA is seizing all "birth pools" and is trying to make it illegal to sell them unless you have a licence. Now their telling us where we can and cannot birth!! This, on the other hand, needs media attention.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast