Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    Guess what, I'm a Christian Homeschooling Mom and who has given birth at home in a birthing tub, loves homeopathic and alternative methods and I spank my children. So hate away. I'm also a really nice, well-rounded, educated person who loves her family dearly.
    I just wanted to say, no judgement/hate here. (hugs) Other than the Christian aspect...I am all of the above as well.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I just wanted to say, no judgement/hate here. (hugs) Other than the Christian aspect...I am all of the above as well.
    Thanks DoulaMama. Boo on the FDA w/ homebirths, just wrong and we should have a right to choose.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a Christian homeschooling mother and I have to say I'm offended by this comment. Not all religious homes are oppressive and that is a gross generalization. We are a very well rounded family. I understand where these parents are coming from but it's silly to think that girls won't be girls and boys won't be boys by trying to keep things neutral. It's not possible just like it's not possible to lock your children away in to Christian homeschooling houses and not let your kids socialize and not know that other people have worldly opinions. BTW- my kids are very smart and well rounded too and I teach them to have love for everyone. Anytime to push too much of your thoughts on your kids you will find yourself in trouble and possibly creating the opposite.
    I could be wrong, but I think Betty Draper wasn't trying to put down the Christian homeschooling aspect, but maybe the "closed off community" aspect of some religious groups. I have studied some cult-like communities, and there are groups who live in a way to intentionally keep their children from knowing much about the world outside of the home. Some are Christian, some come from new-age principles, and some are Jewish- they are found in many many beliefs, I think she was putting this at the other end of the spectrum of liberal hippie parents.
    and my HT

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a Christian homeschooling mother and I have to say I'm offended by this comment. Not all religious homes are oppressive and that is a gross generalization. We are a very well rounded family. I understand where these parents are coming from but it's silly to think that girls won't be girls and boys won't be boys by trying to keep things neutral. It's not possible just like it's not possible to lock your children away in to Christian homeschooling houses and not let your kids socialize and not know that other people have worldly opinions. BTW- my kids are very smart and well rounded too and I teach them to have love for everyone. Anytime to push too much of your thoughts on your kids you will find yourself in trouble and possibly creating the opposite.
    Sorry! Just getting back to this thread now. After I posted I thought ugh, that came out a little harsh on the religious homeschooling. I most certainly was referring to extremist and close-minded situations. And like Lindi said, I was just pointing out the other end of the spectrum, and that main****** society always seems so threatened by the uber-liberal type. You sound like a great mom/teacher, and no offense meant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not something I would do.. but each to their own hey.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    It is not something I would do.. but each to their own hey.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this thread is an excellent example of how everyone has the right to raise there families in the way they choose....starting from where you choose to give birth....and we should be respectful of other's choices, as strange as they may sound. Clearly all of us have one thing in common- the MOST important thing- which is that we care very much about our children and their upbringing! So CHEERS to us all for that!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a Catholic, Unconditional Parent, Waldorf/Unschooling, Organic all natural living, Redneck Hippy, with a little Jewish, Celtic and Mohawk beliefs thrown in!!!

I love my brother but we never ever agree on our kids... He thinks kids have to trained from birth or they will become criminals. You have to spank for every little thing are they will not remember what not to do, he spanked his 13mth old for tossing a sippy cup on the floor. You have to have rules for everything starting with the rules from the bible (even the hidden ones), followed by the laws, and lastly whatever rules an adult feels like adding. He thinks any religion outside of his is false and these people should not be treated as human. He went as far as to send me an emial a few days ago that my kids can not play/visit/know his kids until they are adults because he thinks my kids will traumatize their brains... I know my kids are wild but mine have manners while his run and hide if the food in their mouths makes a noise.

I have known people, families, and children of many faiths, lifestyles, culture, or whatever and I have to say even the ones who seem extreme, odd, or crazy still had something in common with me... I may not aggree with someone 100% or even 30% but I still treat them as a person who wants what is best!!!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I am a Catholic, Unconditional Parent, Waldorf/Unschooling, Organic all natural living, Redneck Hippy, with a little Jewish, Celtic and Mohawk beliefs thrown in!!!

I love my brother but we never ever agree on our kids... He thinks kids have to trained from birth or they will become criminals. You have to spank for every little thing are they will not remember what not to do, he spanked his 13mth old for tossing a sippy cup on the floor. You have to have rules for everything starting with the rules from the bible (even the hidden ones), followed by the laws, and lastly whatever rules an adult feels like adding. He thinks any religion outside of his is false and these people should not be treated as human. He went as far as to send me an emial a few days ago that my kids can not play/visit/know his kids until they are adults because he thinks my kids will traumatize their brains... I know my kids are wild but mine have manners while his run and hide if the food in their mouths makes a noise.

I have known people, families, and children of many faiths, lifestyles, culture, or whatever and I have to say even the ones who seem extreme, odd, or crazy still had something in common with me... I may not aggree with someone 100% or even 30% but I still treat them as a person who wants what is best!!!
    I'm sooo sorry to hear that about your brother. That's a little extreme and hurtful. Wow, sorry! Going through something kinda similar but not as much on religion w/ DH saying myself and the kids can't see my SIL and her kids. We are talking about this w/ someone right now cuz its ridiculous. That's so hurtful and wrong. I'm sure he's doing what he thinks is best but I hope that all mellows out.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Draper View Post
    Sorry! Just getting back to this thread now. After I posted I thought ugh, that came out a little harsh on the religious homeschooling. I most certainly was referring to extremist and close-minded situations. And like Lindi said, I was just pointing out the other end of the spectrum, and that main****** society always seems so threatened by the uber-liberal type. You sound like a great mom/teacher, and no offense meant.
    Thanks Betty, we are all good. That makes sense now that you and lindi posted your reply's. I don't think any "extreme" is great but I'm sure glad we all love our kids enough to try so hard.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast