Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebola

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im gonna say it one more time. It is not contagious like the common cold or flu! The person has to be symptomatic, meaning they will b feeling very ill and obviously sick. Until the person is showing symptoms they Are NOT contagious. And when this symptomatic person either bleeds on some1 or gets bodily fluids on some1such as mucus, vomit etc... then they can be infected. U can catch a cold or flu from some1 who is not exhitbing symptoms, the same is not true for ebola. U can touch a person infected hug them .unless they bleed or vomit on u, or unless u have sex with some1or share needles i would stop worrying so much.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do research people! Ebola is scary yeah but ur chances of getting it, or chances of it spreading in a 1st world country like the US is ridiculously small.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Right. Same as any virus! I agree that I am not in eminent danger but this thing is nasty and there seems to be no way to control it at the moment. Allowing people to fly from there that HAVE come into contact with it like the gentleman that just died- he helped carry a pregnant woman to a car that was infected(they did not know it) 4 days before he came to the US- ALL the people that "helped" her are dead or have ebola. They didn't have to let her sneeze in their mouths- simply touching something she has previously touched could have given them the virus. The flu isn't easy to get either but it sure spreads like wild fire each year!
    I have to disagree. The US has the necessary resources and is equipped to control the disease. They have protocols in place and know how to contain the virus. From what I understand the nurse that now has Ebola changed the pad of an infected patient. It was poor hygiene that caused her to catch Ebola, it wasn't from lack of knowledge or resources.

We only hear about the people who have contracted the disease. What about the countless number of others that haven't contracted it, despite being in close proximity to infected people?
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Blessed and I am not worried at all. The flu is WAY more contagious and I've never even gotten a flu shot and have no plans to!

Here's the facts about ebola and why no one should be panicking about an outbreak here in the U.S.
    Ebola Explained: What You Should and Shouldn't Worry About | WIRED
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not too worried about it. They've already said the protective gear in Spain was not meant for ebola and there were places contamination could get in. Yeah its spread only through bodily secretions but if person A wiped snot on their hands and then touched your hand and you stuck your hand in your mouth... Guess what. I dont know about you ladies but If I see someone that is that ill, Im not touching anything of theirs because who knows what they wiped last before touching you! As far as the spreading. Do what other countries are doing shut down flights from those countries and EVERY country needs to do the same so they don't take a round about way and say oh I flew here from England not from Liberia. But what is the US doing... Here take this card we know you came from Libera, you dont look sick, but if you get sick within 21 days let us know THEN we will quarantine you...
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think there's any point in being snotty about it, the fact is it is a terrifying thing and two things are 100% true - viruses can and DO mutate and the strains that are more communicable are more likely to spread (so any assurance that the virus as it existed last year, month, or week isn't that contagious may not really even mean anything) and secondly, I think officials are often wrong and even more often, dishonest and that has been shown again and again.

So obviously, I would not panic but at the same time it is certainly concerning and I think absolutely ridiculous that they are letting people from the countries where it's running rampant, fly freely in and out of the US. Now the chickens have come home to roost. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree Atomic!! x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not worried about it, I am in one of the countries affected with Ebola and we had 1 case. The other people that have come in contact with said person were tested negative! And if the person wearing protective gear didn't wash before taking her gear off then that's how she got it. And also the sheriff, who hasn't been confirmed as having Ebola yet, if he went in the house without protective gear and has touched something then that's how he got it, if he has it. Just practice good hygiene, stay away from sick people and you will be fine My husband also traveled to the more affected areas in the past and he has been fine too.
    I blame the hospital for the panic they caused people in the US. Duncan went to the hospital and told the nurse he just came back from W. Africa and they sent him home...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! So, he went back to possibly infecting others
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'm not losing any sleep over it...nothing in Canada yet. Officials just announced today that they will start ebola border screenings...but not cancelling flights. I'm sure that will raise some eyebrows.

Oh and thanks for the link essence!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if i came off snotty not My intention. I know alot of ppl r freaking out thanx 2 the media and want 2 put m I nds at ease. Ebola is contracted basically the same as HIV ,so i dont want ppl to think if they r in the same room with some1 who has ebola (unlikely scenario) that they willsomehow catch it. It is not spread that easily. Anyway they r raising security in airports now (atleast in nyc where im from) temp scanners and such. So that should b a relif to some. Unfortunately they cant stopflights from comming into the us. Citizens for example cant b denied entry even if they have traveled to those certain regions in africa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast