Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightSky View Post
    I just watched it on catchup, that lady at the end really annoyed me too. For me personally, it has very little to do with gender stereotypes and if anything, having one gender has made me very anti-stereotypes, more so than friends and family with both genders who a lot of the time almost seem to pigeon hole their children into 'boy' and 'girl' roles. The woman in the show also brought up a good point, society is so quick to give their input to your family saying things like 'you must have a girl next' (people have already said this to me!) yet they scorn using science to gender balance a family, you can't win!!
    Ikwym.

I have 5 boys and I would still love to have another. The amount of people telling me 5 is plenty and oh the next will be a boy too or your a glutton for punishment etc. Ive also heard the oh you must have a girl.

Honestly ive decided IF we have anymore children i think ill wait til im almost ready to pop or after the birth to announce. I can't handle the drama from everyone else that makes me anxious.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Likes BrightSky liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing that annoys me the most about the comments on these articles are they always say things like be thankful for what you have blah blah yet those same people say things like I'm so glad I had both a boy and a girl! Or I don't know what I'd do without a girl. Excuse me just because you got lucky, and never needed gender selection, doesn't mean those of us who do should be stuck with always feeling like something is missing. According to them we are terrible people, just for wanting what they have. They need to learn to have some empathy. Compared to other people, I'm much less gender biased. I gladly got my son a doll, and have no problem with him playing with pink toys. I hear mothers make a big deal that their daughter plays with cars or their sons play with dolls, and I'm like really? Why wouldn't they play with the toys that are in front of them? It's like I'm more determined to not follow gender stereotypes because I want to prove that it was never about the pink or girly stuff that made me want a daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes netti02, BrightSky liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there - I am a journalist working on a piece for a national women's magazine on gender selection through IVF. I am really keen to hear from Australian women who have travelled O/S for IVF. My deadline for the piece is March 5, so please get in touch if you would be interested in chatting. I can provide more details on the angle of the story then. My email is gyanyankovich@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12