Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Woman killed for having a girl!

"All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happens in India everyday too. Entire villages are only male now because they have killed and continue to kill girls. Very sad and it will ruin their society.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw a 20/20 on girls being killed in India--made me want to adopt a girl from India. I wonder how difficult that process is though?
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This made me think of that film The Stoning of Soraya M.....if you haven't seen it, amazing but very hard to watch. Worth it, though as it is a true story and the only way this violence will stop is by the world knowing about it and taking action one way or another. You are right, NBP, this male-only crap in not only India but also China is going to put their society WAY out of balance and have many more detrimental effects. There are things we can't even foresee that will happen.....could you imagine a society of mostly men in those countries?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was young I always wanted to adopt a bunch of Asian girls.... Asia is about $20,000, India is about $15,000, and I am not sure about others. I still dream of a little Chinese daughter but I will have to see what happens after #3.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Dh's cousins adopted a son from Russia (who was disabled, so they thought, but turns out he is not) and a girl from China...both as infants. I can ask her if you guys want to know more details.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Happens in India everyday too. Entire villages are only male now because they have killed and continue to kill girls. Very sad and it will ruin their society.
    i feel bad for the 1 and only female these countries decide to keep around who has to procreate.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is very common in Afghanistan to have more than one wife. Why couldn't he just have sons from one of his other wives?
    They mention in the article that the husband has not yet been caught. Unfortunately, even if he is, his punishment will be very mild. Often just a fine. It just makes you sick thinking about it and how little value is placed on being a female in some countries.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly, I'm not even that surprised This kind of disgusting behaviour happens all the time in Asian and African countries. My own family (father's side) has been known for strongly disliking females, my sister and I included.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The husband should have chopped off his own balls!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast