Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always think ivf/pgd when celebs get twins/an opposite. I'm sure no one was surprised that Posh had a girl after 3 boys or that Brad and Angelina had girl/boy twins. If I had all the money, mansions, and ability to afford help that celebs do, I think I'd just keep going naturally until I had 1 or more of my DG!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think it is affordability that plays a big part in it, if you have the money, why the hell wouldn't you? And i think if a celeb couple were honest about it, the back lash from the press and public would be totally cruel.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they did do PGD, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't admit it. The public is way too cruel, and even though GD is alot more common than most think, it's still considered taboo to discuss by many people. But anyway, congrats on their boy!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having gone through IVF even if I could afford to keep doing it several times over there is no way I would choose this path as a method of conception. A lot of people don't like the amount of hormones that are put into their bodies. It is extremely invasive. The emotional part of it is nothing like I have ever experienced in my life. It just isn't something that one thinks about doing just because they have the money to do it. That is why I hardly ever assume celebs do PGD as going the HT route for their DG is extreme and not something that is just about whether they can afford it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally have thought this about celebs. I certainly think they use PGD. I not only think this I also think about couples who have babies or are going to and predicting based on their habits, months of conception etc. what the gender will be!! I can't help myself!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Michaela...now that we're going down the infertility route...and finding out the number of tests and procedures you need to get done just to start (plus many many more for cycle monitoring and bla bla) is just shocking...everytime i go to the fertility clinic i keep saying to myself...i cant believe im here.....I would NEVER do this if I had a choice.....
    '04'06'10'14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy for them and yes I do think alot of celebs use PGD, but I do not think this is the case with Jen and Ben..
    08 09 12

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They may not have, but my mind always goes there first in these situations. I wish more would be open about it too, but I see why they wouldn't. People are so harsh with their opinions. I don't think the needles and hormones would matter to some celebs. That world is a world all its own.That is where the new cosmetic procedures start first, the wild diets and fads. Can you say va-jay jay reconstruction and routine family colon cleansings.
    8/2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    .....posted before I was done, gave myself a TMI moment!! I meant to add, I am happy for them too AND Uma Therman. Whenever I see a "mature" momma even if it is a celeb, it gives me hope. It is also nice that having children in your late 30's and 40's is a little more accepted than it used to be....baby steps.
    8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I do think they did PGD because Ben saw that Matt had three girls and wanted to hedge his bets.

I'm really happy for them of course but I just wish that one celeb would come forward and admit to doing PGD so we could open up a dialogue and the whole thing could come out of the shadows a bit.
    This 100%!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast