Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3 out of 13 Embryos came back No DNA detected from a day 5 biopsy but made it to blast

How does that happen with GSN when the embryologist indicated there was a nucleus on the slide?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not Carole, but this just happened to my4leafclover and she retested them and found that all 3 were in fact normal.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I am not Carole, but this just happened to my4leafclover and she retested them and found that all 3 were in fact normal.
    Hello,
    "No DNA detected" means that there was a sampling error such as loss of DNA at some step of the process. Microscopic amounts of material-sometimes a single cell-is being moved from place to place and it is fairly easy to lose a sample along the way and not realize it until the test shows that no DNA made it into the test tube. Even though every effort is made to select a cell with a nucleus (and thus containing DNA) sometimes the cell is really a cell fragment without DNA. So "No DNA detected" does not tell you anything about the embryo, only that the test itself failed. So it is not surprising that embryos with this result could go on and develop. Best Wishes, Carole