Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Turners Syndrome?

During my first 2 cycles , 3 of my embryos tested positive for turners syndrome. During my third cycle it was not mentioned(different clinic). I am trying to conceive a girl, just wondering is this going to always make it hard for me to have healthy girl embryos for future cycles.
    3 gorgeous boys, TTC girl

1st Cycle Dogus - Transferred 2XX April 2012 BFN
    2nd Cycle Dogus - Transferred 2Xx August 2012 BFN
    3rd Cycle Genesis - Transferred 2Xx October 2012 BFN
    4th Cycle Genesis - March 2013 NT (Linng issues)
    5th Cycle Genesis - Lining too thin after EC, Growth Factor added. Trabsferred 3xx 4Dp, July 2013 BFP!!!!!! 1st beta 9dp4dt 79, 2nd Beta 11dp4dt 189!! 3rd Beta 3783 (19dp4dt)

My beautiful little girl was born 25th March 2014!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    During my first 2 cycles , 3 of my embryos tested positive for turners syndrome. During my third cycle it was not mentioned(different clinic). I am trying to conceive a girl, just wondering is this going to always make it hard for me to have healthy girl embryos for future cycles.
    Dear Laurie,
    I think it could be problematic, but I am not an expert on genetic issues. Please ask your doctor to refer you to a genetic counselor if they can't answer your question directly. Good Luck! Carole

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know the answer I agree with pp! I would make sure the new clinic knew about the previous testing and that you have/want testing for it. In saying that after 3 embryo's testing positive and it having a genetic link. I would feel so much better going high tech if not for a daughter but just for the exclusion of a Turner's baby, not that there is anything wrong with a baby with Turners I am 100% sure they are perfect in there own way and 110% lovable but it sure would make your and baby's life 90% easier! Personally I can see how it may have implications I mean it would use an egg that could otherwise have a 50/50 chance of being a healthy girl. Good luck for healthy girl results xox
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With FISH, it's not as accurate and the other X could be hiding under the one that was seen.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having had a daughter with turner syndrome the fact that you've had three embryos test positive for it concerns me. It suggests that there may be a genetic link from either you or your partner. But it doesn't necessarily mean you cannot have a healthy daughter, but it's important that you make your clinic aware of it and you could consider contacting a geneticist to see if there is a link in your family that means you are more likely than the average couple to conceive a daughter with turner syndrome.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17