Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New success at Genea with culture medium.

Hi Carol,

I thought you might be interested in this new research about culture medium. It has been studied at Genea (formally Sydney IVF), and pregnancy rates have been boosted. They are now going to use it for all of their embryos.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1226573884167

Interested in your thoughts.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vicky I was part of the trial and had great results with it.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the article didn't provide a link to a research article about the composition of the media so it's unclear what the "secret ingredient" is. What is referenced in the article, "sugars, proteins and amino acids" in a composition to mimic the Fallopian tube is de rigor and the basis for ALL medias currently in use.

For older women, the issue related to cell viability has to do with mitochondrial quality and quantity. Years ago in the US, one IVF team experimented with injecting mitochondria from donor eggs got exciting results but the FDA shut it down because mitochondria contain DNA so embryos were being created with 3 "genetic" parents.

Ova science (News and Publications - Resources | OvaScience - Improving Fertility Through Science) is doing something similar but using the patients OWN EGG stem cells so no third party genetics involved. The mitochondria are injected into the egg at the time of ICSI so success is not due to the culture media.

Hope this helps. Best, Carole

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Carole, is what OvaScience doing clinically available yet? Is it possible to join the trials, if its still in the trial stage? Any indication of when it may become clinically available?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
    Carole, is what OvaScience doing clinically available yet? Is it possible to join the trials, if its still in the trial stage? Any indication of when it may become clinically available?
    I think they are getting ready to start or have started clinical trials. Here's their website with phone number Contact Us | OvaScience - Improving Fertility Through Science Good Luck. Carole

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I've written but haven't yet heard back. Will post here when I do.