Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hatching blast after PGD not a "true HB" ???

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this. My RE dampened my excitement at seeing 2 hatching blasts this morning by stating that an embryo that has undergone PGD and is hatching is not a true hatching blast because it has been given an exit point by which to hatch. What are your thoughts on this statement? Is a PGD'd hatching blast less superior than a natural hatching blast? Thanks!
    Mommy to 7 and 5, born 1/26/12!

Cycle 3 BFP with Dr. Lin @ RFC!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that is BS. Then why are some that have been biopsied still morulas??? Ask him that.

Sorry. Just saw this is in Carole's forum.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think that is BS. Then why are some that have been biopsied still morulas??? Ask him that.

Sorry. Just saw this is in Carole's forum.
    I think he is being overly conservative with me after over promising at my last transfer, to be perfectly honest. No apologies necessary on the location LOL.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gentle bump.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear winogurl,
    I have no earthly idea what he means by not a "true hatching blast". If the embryo fails to grow, it will not increase in cell number and will not merely "fall out" of the cavity produced by the hatching procedure. A blast that grows properly will have an expanding blastocoel- a fluid filled cavity - and an increasing number of cells specialized into either the trophectoderm layer or inner cell mass. This increase in girth is what normally causes the (zona pellucida) shell to thin and split, allowing the embryo to escape. Those morphological signs of normal progression are what's important, not how hard the embryo has to work to split out of the shell and escape. I don't know what he is getting at. Here's a post with lots of embryo pics on the topic of embryo progression that may help: http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2010/...s-progression/
    Carole

Like my blog? Check out the ebook, Fertility Lab Insider,
    now available through Amazon (Kindle) and Barnes & Noble Booksellers (Nook)
    Fertility Lab Insider | http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QOB7Z8

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Dear winogurl,
    I have no earthly idea what he means by not a "true hatching blast". If the embryo fails to grow, it will not increase in cell number and will not merely "fall out" of the cavity produced by the hatching procedure. A blast that grows properly will have an expanding blastocoel- a fluid filled cavity - and an increasing number of cells specialized into either the trophectoderm layer or inner cell mass. This increase in girth is what normally causes the (zona pellucida) shell to thin and split, allowing the embryo to escape. Those morphological signs of normal progression are what's important, not how hard the embryo has to work to split out of the shell and escape. I don't know what he is getting at. Here's a post with lots of embryo pics on the topic of embryo progression that may help: http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2010/...s-progression/
    Carole

Like my blog? Check out the ebook, Fertility Lab Insider,
    now available through Amazon (Kindle) and Barnes & Noble Booksellers (Nook)
    Fertility Lab Insider | http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QOB7Z8
    So, I was right about the B.S.!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    So, I was right about the B.S.!
    Certainly sounds that way!!! Of course, I am thrilled to hear this!