Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls just popping on the forum for a nosey. I had 2 cycles with savvas first being through rainsbury. Savvas is an amazing man which is why I named my daughter after him. I do believe a lot of this process really is down to luck. Although still worried I was a lot more relaxed second cycle. And also I knew what to expect. I know what your all going through, I used to be on the Internet all night researching sometimes. Please pm me if it helps you. And big good lucks to you all!! X

2. Thanks Dalu86 thanked for this post
    Likes frankie2017 liked this post
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi rugby what a great gesture! Does he knows this? I think he will be very proud! Did you call her really Savvas or something what looks like that?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!!! I´m wondering if you got pregnant at this clinic! Thank you :-)

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No after my HT boy not. His succes rates lately are very low...if you can afford go to the USA!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did anybody get pregnant in Genesis, Cyprus?

Hi, I was stupid enough to go to Genesis 4 times last year. I used my own eggs twice, got good quality embryos but did not get pregnant. Then tried donor eggs (good quality fresh and frozen embryos). The clinic gave me 95% success rate with donor eggs. Did not get pregnant. The doctor was very positive every time telling me: I am 99% sure you will get pregnant this time (to make sure I would come back), and he acted very surprised when I gave him the negative results. After the third attempt I started getting very suspicious and when I came to the clinic the fourth time for the frozen embryo transfer we both knew it wouldn't work.
    The doctor didn't want to discuss the negative outcome in the clinic wanting to wait for the blood test results (of course it's easier for him to send an email to a very disappointed patient). And now he doesn't even want to explain how come none of the good quality embryos didn't attach, blaming my uterus causing trouble. Shouldn't a doctor check if a uterus is good enough to be able to carry a pregnancy before IVF? (I have 2 kids from normal conceptions and no fertility problems)
    So after paying 25 000 Euro to the clinic (not including hotels, tickets, medicines, ultra sounds) I didn't even get a proper explanation why it didn't work and now he doesn't really want to deal with me.
    I liked him in the beginning, seemed like a professional doctor. Now I am really wondering if I ever had anything transferred at all. Did anybody get pregnant there?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes - I did, as have a number of others on this site, including someone who got pregnant last week (it was her third attempt). I'm so sorry you weren't lucky, as this journey is an emotional and financial rollercoaster and I do think HT, certainly with FISH testing, is down to luck as some people have been back to Savvas a few times and not had success (with both their own and DE's), whilst others have been successful - it does usually take longer though than US clinics with full testing though.

I think I was very lucky as did 2 cycles with Savvas and got pregnant both times - first with my own eggs but sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks and second time with a tandem cycle (my egg/Donor egg ). Personally, I had a good experience and found him very professional and honest. However, his success rates are only around 35% on this site, unlike some US clinics that are around 75%. I really hope you are able to cycle elsewhere with a different protocol and full testing and then hopefully you will get you DG. Good luck. x
    Last edited by ever hopeful; May 19th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Egreta. Sorry to hear about your outcome. We have had success from this clinic and it's one of the only clinics available internationally so that makes it the only realistic option for many on here.

How old are you? Over 40?

We have seen success rates be in the mid 30% from cyclers on here. Many people do cycle 3,4,5 times there before they find success though. A OHW is very rare.

Some do succeed. You will find them in the Dream Member Private forums if you care to join.

Are you going to try again elsewhere? There's another European option and of course the US.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; May 19th, 2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did get pregnant on second attempt with our HT son (originally wanted a girl). All pretestings were good. So I'm ever grateful to him for that. After our son was born we tried for a girl but we didn't succeed: 2 cancels and 1 NT (still all my pretestings are good). Savvas can't give me a proper answer why it doesn't work and every time he is surprised with my case of not working......I'm trying from 2011....

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw what's the reason that DE don't stick? I have heard more DE cases at Savvas that doesn't work....I assume DE are from proven donors so it must work right?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 34 at the time. Before I try somewhere else again I need to find out what went wrong, unfortunately Savvas doesn't give me any information. I don't even know what he tested our embryos for during PGD. Or did he do PGS instead? How many chromosomes did he test? I know nothing. I think after paying crazy money he could give his patient some answers. But he is not very interested in patients with negative outcomes.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast