Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Genesis or Dogus?

I read many posts about Genesis in Cyprus, but very few about Dogus Clinic in north Cyprus (that is cheaper). Can you tell me on what it depends? Which one is better?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    North Cyprus doesn't have a great reputation on the forums because we have never seen a pregnancy from there.

Genesis is preferred for the International gals but their pregnancy rates have been very poor for the women that have cycled there from GenderDreaming. The vast majority have been unsuccessful. Dr Savvas seems to be well-liked but if you go there you should plan for multiple attempts.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I Agree with NBP.

A few girls here cycled with Dogus or North Cyprus IVF and after that they went to Genesis. They preferred Genesis even when they didn't get pregnant (and a few in the past did get pregnant and also a few one hit wonders with genesis).

I got pregnant on my second try with Genesis and I will go back in June for a girl. Although the pregnancy rates not so high as with dr Potter I still have faith in dr Savvas and his team. Yes you should plan multiple cycles (fish 5 probe technique doesn't give higher succes rates like Natera does) but one cycle is defenetly cheaper with Savvas and more close to home then dr Potter.

If you have a lot of money and you don't mind traveling and willing to do a fet (if you choose for natera) then is my advice go to dr potter. You have a big chance to be a one hit wonder.

If you don't have a lot of money, you can do multiple cycles,don't want to travel far and want a fresh transfer and spermsort then my advice is go to dr Savvas. It's possible to be a OHW I have seen it a few times.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your kind reply. I am Italian and here gender selection is almost a taboo (when they know the meaning of the word). I am 43 now and have two beautiful sons. My man has a son from his previous marriage and we both were expecting a baby (another boy) in 2011, but then I had a miscarriage at the beginning of the fourth month of pregnancy. After the abortion we have found out that the baby had Down syndrome, we were devastated. We desperately want a baby girl after so many boys, but time is not on our side (he's 44). I've chosen Cyprus because is closer and maybe cheaper, but who knows! I must be a OHW because this is my last chance to make my dream come true. I don't know Dr Potter, where does he operate? I'd be' grateful of any advice or suggest.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 43, I would consider using donor eggs because the pregnancy rate with IVF over 40 is so poor. You decrease your odds from the beginning when you eliminate half of the embryos because of gender and just like your natural pregnancy that ended with a Down's baby, most of our eggs over 40 are abnormal. Dr Savvas has a DE program and there are women on here that have used it and been successful.

I hope he has counseled you about using your own eggs at 43 and what realistic odds are of it working.

I'm not trying to be negative but I don't want anyone wasting their money without proper understanding of what they are up against.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr Savvas told me that the rates of success at my age with my egg are very low, but I'd like to have MY girl and miracles happen sometimes.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilnik View Post
    Dr Savvas told me that the rates of success at my age with my egg are very low, but I'd like to have MY girl and miracles happen sometimes.
    Atleast the 5-probe will prevent another Downs miscarriage so you don't have to worry about that again. Good luck with your cycle. I'm glad he has been upfront with you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in mind that with your age and your own eggs an OHW is almost impossible so you have to know you need at least a few cycles to get pregnant IF its possible with your own eggs. You can try one cycle with your own eggs and then decide later if you want to use your own eggs again or DE or to quit.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We went to genesis, 3 cycles with our own eggs and it just proved impossible, a lot of money, tears and upset. So our 4th cycle we choosed ed and now how a bfp with frosties in store. If you can only afford once cycle I would really consider ed option. Good luck x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with what everyone says about using your own eggs, but it can happen so stay positive. I got pg against all the odds, with my own eggs, OHW at Genesis at 44, but sadly had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks. Pretty sure it was a chromosome problem.Now going to have one last shot, but this time doing a tandem cycle using both my own/DE eggs (as would still dearly love MY own daughter), but ultimately I have 3 natual sons and if DE is the only way I will get her, am happy with that now (something that I certainly wouldn't have considered when I did this in November).Really good luck and will keep everything crossed for you.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast