Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Anyone used Embio in Athen for IVF/PGD?

Has anyone been successful with ivf pgd at Embio in Athen or is in treatment there?
    I am trying to decide between going to Genesis or Embio to do ivf pgd for a baby girl. l'd like to hear other experiences to make the best decision for me. I'm old (43) and I can only afford one cycle. I know it is impossible, but I'd like to try just once before quitting the hope to have a most desired daughter.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't heard about this place, anyone else?

I saw this on there site though: Participation in the clinical trial is limited to married couples with a documented history of gender-linked disease or to those who meet the criteria for MicroSort®’s family balancing component.

Wonder what the criteria is and if un-married couples can still do it?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you ging to cycle with your own eggs or donor eggs? One cycle with 43 is maybe a bit optimistic? I do hope you will succeed and you will be a OHW!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lisvna - have you heard of this place before? New to me but the prices seem less??

I agree one cycle is a lot to cope with emotionally even in your 20's ..... I am doing pgd but we can do a few cycles, not sure I could only do 1, but then again, if you know the stats and want to give it your all then yes I would want to try because you never know.

If I had only enough for one cycle, I would want the best clinic ... not sure which that is though

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did hear of this clinic. In fact in 2011 I had contact with them but then they didn't perform Microsort. The did an other kind of spermsort if I recollect right. If you check the website of Microsort Athen isn't on it.

I right now wrote Microsort and Athen a mail with this question. If its really Microsort or not. Because if it is its really a good opportunity to all the girls in Europe.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know they don't do Microsort in Athen, but neither Genesis nor **** does it. I don't care for Microsort I care for the result (a healthy baby girl).

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But on their website it looks like they advertise with Microsort so I want to straight that out!

Genesis performs spermsort for me it was a deal breaker back in 2011 so maybe for other women too. I know a lot of ladies with just a few eggs who have had benefit form the spermsort.

As far as I know no one of this forum or ingender went to embio. So maybe you will be the first one? Stalking you then

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at their website and it looks good, maybe too good? Their success rates are very high and this to me seems to be a bit odd, even the best clinics in the world don't boast 70% success.

But in saying that what they wrote about PGD is very up to date and this is good.

I personally don't think a spermsort is always the best thing, even with microsort there is concerns about what it did to the quality of the sperm. I would prefer a NT than a transfer with an embryo that was never going to make a baby (I know obviously this is a personal decision and not everyone feels this way).

Hilnik, Lisvna does have a point though, I think it is great you are going to try PGD at 43, but realistically being a OHW is going to be hard at that age. Have you considered donor eggs? After one cycle are you going to be able to give up on your dream? I know I wasn't able to Good luck, if you do decide to go there, please keep us updated, would love to know how you got on.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glory my embies did made it, in fact I had a baby and he is lying in his baby swing. There are many healthy baby's born from Microsort in the US. So I think its possible with ms or spermsort of Genesis but yes I don't know what the quality was if I didn't do the sort.

I still consider not to do a sort this time and let's see what this cycle brings. On the other hand, I tweaked my protocol and I take some suplements so that's already different from my other cycle so its not really a compare hihihihihi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the babies from Microsort or Ericsson or Genesis sort are un healthy at all (nor that they can't make babies), please don't think that. I just mean't that while you may get a higher portion of the gender you do desire, it may just lead to transfers that you may not have had if you didn't have the sort.

It is true the IUI's with Microsort do not have the same pregnancy rates as normal IUI, so it has to have something in it.

When I first started on this journey I did not think my dh made girls at all, I think we all think this! But I have seen that most do end with a 50:50 split. For me a sort is not essential but then saying that if I was going to Gensis, I probably would use it!

Like I said I would prefer a NT, wheras I know people just want a transfer to know that they actually had a chance. BUt I had 3 chemicals and that was devastating, it took longer to get over them, rather than the NT's I had which I was down a couple of days and then got back on the horse. So my perspective on that is different.

The first chemical I had was on a 5 probe embryo and everyone said that it probably wasn't normal, if I hadn't then used full chromosome testing I would not have worked out that I had a clotting issue that needed treatment, I would of kept getting chemicals with no explanation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast