Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever hopeful, thank you!
    I have read your previous threads and It seams that you have had quite the journey yourself, you are so brave and I wish that I will be as determent when I try and possible fail for the first time.
    I will try and search for your reply, but I am so new to this, could you tell me where I shall look
    Are you cycling right now?
    p

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Ivfmeds.com
    i will check it out, thanks!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Palloma

Im the same as u. With 3 girls I just want to try HT but so scared. Thinking of genesis even if I give it one shot! My practice nurse has offered to do the injections for me which is great as i am soooo scared of needles. Sorry do u have boys or girls only. Apparently Genesis claim 80-85% success rate if u email them which is logged by the ministry of health. Hsve u contacted them yet?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by desperate4blue View Post
    Hi Palloma

Im the same as u. With 3 girls I just want to try HT but so scared. Thinking of genesis even if I give it one shot! My practice nurse has offered to do the injections for me which is great as i am soooo scared of needles. Sorry do u have boys or girls only. Apparently Genesis claim 80-85% success rate if u email them which is logged by the ministry of health. Hsve u contacted them yet?
    Genesis absolutely DO NOT have an 80-85% success rate. That is a lie. Their success is lower than many other clinics and its no where near 80%.

You need to join as a dream member and do your research. You are being told lies.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Despreate for blue,
    I have four boys, the youngest is one year old( so cute its ridicules ).
    I have been in contact with genesis and were also told these numbers 80-85%.
    From what I have seen even the best clinics in america cant match these numbers. Live birth at the HCR clinic with Dr Potter is 60%.
    I think one in three is more realistic, but if they were to tell us this would we even bother?
    Another thing that got me wondering was about the meds..
    According to genesis the meds cost 800-100 euros.
    And if I were to buy them im my home country it would be a lot more.
    Now (all thanks to nuthinbutpink) I managed to track down what i think is the medicine they use at genesis for a fraction of the price they charge.

You will need to look for the following

1. Oral contraceptive pill such as Marvelon or Yasmin or Cilest
    2. Down regulation agents such as suprefact 1mg/ml (2 x 7 ml vials) or Decapeptyl 0.1 mg/ml (prefilled injections) or depot forms such as Arvekap 3,75 mg or Decapeptyl 3,75 mg
    3. Stimulation drugs such as Gonal F or Puregon or Merional or Fostimon or Menopur all work equally well
    4. Ovulation triggering can be ovitrelle if Gonal F or Puregon is used for the stimulation or Choriomon if Fostimon or Merional is used .

6. Thanks devilgirls1 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Palloma, thanks for your PM, I'll reply separately. So glad you managed to track meds down cheaply. I certainly found that it was cheaper for me to get mine directly from Genesis, rather than in the UK through Fertility for U or similar. An example is Merional which costs 18 Euro's for 75 IU from the clinic, but £24 through Fertility2U. Also Cyclogest, which you need afterwards was £40 from a UK pharmacist (needed to get them quickly last time) and only 25 Euro's from Genesis.

Savvas doesn't tend to prescribe gonal F either. His protocol seems to be Merional and Superfact at whatever dose is appropriate, although I did use a mixture of Gonal F/merional this cycle, against his advice....

Yes, the 80% stat is just silly and totally wrong for PDG (certainly if this forum is anything to go by) - although I think he has quite a few younger fertility patients....

Desperate for Blue, the injections aren't that bad - last time I didn't think I could do them at all, and when my DH wasn't around to help, I went to a private Dr to do them for me. However, I got to Cyprus late at night on my own, so had to do them that night, which I was terrified about, but actually it was fine and this time had no probs at all.

Good luck both of you xx

8. Likes devilgirls1 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Since joining this site last night I have come to the conclusion (following all your wonderful posts and advice) to go to Genesis (I wish I could afford Dr Potter in Calif but I don't think that is an option). I note that Genesis' success rate seems to be around 30% on here - I am 40 years old so does that mean that it will be worse for me? Really hoping for a little princess to complete my family x
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

5yrs 2yrs (HRC 2014 HT Princess)

Cycle #1 HRC Oct 2013 - 21 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fertilised, 10 to Day 5 aCGH (5 boys, 5 girls) = NT, only 1 normal XY

Cycle #2 HRC Jan 2014 - 32 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and fertilised, 19 to Day 5 aCGH (14 girls, 5 boys) = 4 normals (2 XX & 2XY) - transferred x1 HB - BFP (6dp 6dt) - Betas 280, 2160, 20736. 1 HB (128bpm) seen at 7 weeks.

10. Likes devilgirls1 liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chattymonkey View Post
    Hi there. Since joining this site last night I have come to the conclusion (following all your wonderful posts and advice) to go to Genesis (I wish I could afford Dr Potter in Calif but I don't think that is an option). I note that Genesis' success rate seems to be around 30% on here - I am 40 years old so does that mean that it will be worse for me? Really hoping for a little princess to complete my family x
    I don't want to get you down but at 40, it will be difficult. You can start with getting some pretesting done to assess your ovarian reserve(your doctor will order that for you and you can do it locally) and then go from there.

It has worked for people your age but most of our eggs at 40 are abnormal when you do IVF and force your body to produce multiple eggs at once instead of letting your body select the one good one for that month naturally.

Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies is the site for the clinics in the US that keeps up with stats. There isn't an International one. You can look at the national Live Birth Rates by age group there. Here is the link to the national summary-

https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCS...x?ClinicPKID=0

The Percentage of Cycles resulting in Live Births is the line I look at. Those stats are mostly from infertility patients of course so you have fertility in your favor but when you do IVF for GS you potentially eliminate half of your good embryos due to gender. Some of it comes down to luck with your gender split after fertilization.

You begin with scheduling a consult with the clinic you wish to cycle with.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Louby - I'm new to this and soo appreciative of all the advice and help. I'd settled on Genesis but have just 'begged' my DH to pay for us to go to Dr Potter as he has a better success rate..............having seen your post I'm now thinking stick with Genesis as as you say these things seem to be a total gamble! I wish I'd started this sooner as I'm 40 now so my odds aren't great . Hope you get the baby girl you dream of!!
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

Cycle #1 HRC Oct 2013 - 21 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fertilised, 10 to Day 5 aCGH (5 boys, 5 girls) = NT, only 1 normal XY

Cycle #2 HRC Jan 2014 - 32 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and fertilised, 19 to Day 5 aCGH (14 girls, 5 boys) = 4 normals (2 XX & 2XY) - transferred x1 HB - BFP (6dp 6dt) - Betas 280, 2160, 20736. 1 HB (128bpm) seen at 7 weeks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nuthinbutpink - thanks for you advice and the websites for research - really helpful! x
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast