Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not impossible after 40. Just harder. You can always get pretestibg done and go from there. You can always start a cycle, be monitored from home before you travel and if you do not respond to meds, cancel the cycle and save the vast majority of money.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

2. Thanks 3lovelyboys thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's certainly not impossible at 40...I did my first cycle at 44 at Genesis and got a BFP (despite v low odds, around 10%) but sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks. I then did a tandem cycle at 45 (my eggs fully tested and donor eggs FISH tested) and put 1 of each back and my DD is now 14 months old. I don't know if she is from my XX or the donor XX, but we love her to bits and it's the best thing that we did (even DH who didn't want 4 children and certainly didn't want HT absolutely adores her). If your pre-testing is ok, and money isn't too much of an issue I would certainly try HRC first (purely because you can be honest with them and discuss this openly, which personally I think is v important on a first cycle). If it's not successful you could then try Clinic R, which has good results at the moment, but those cycling there do need to do some of the leg works themselves. Really good luck xxx

4. Thanks 3lovelyboys thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you NBP that's really sensible advice and thanks again for the clinic info

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ever hopeful. I felt so low today after endless research which can end up being a bit confusing! and hearing the chances are low for me. To hear your story has given me some hope not to give up.

Thanks also for the clinic tips. The US seems to be the general consensus for me so I will do more research there. Di you do pre testing in the UK by any chance? If so where do you recommend?

Enjoy your beautiful daughter, how wonderful!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cycled with Dr P (see my sigi) at 39, and it took me 2 goea to get my DD. At our age you should expect a lot of abnormal embryos, and then as NBP says, you loose 50% to gender, but it only takes 1 so it's not impossible at all. Just before me, someone called Katiecool (she's not on the site anymore) cycled and was a OHW at HRC and she was 40. Def get ur pretesting done and have the free consult with Dr P, then decide from there. X
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

5yrs 2yrs (HRC 2014 HT Princess)

Cycle #1 HRC Oct 2013 - 21 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fertilised, 10 to Day 5 aCGH (5 boys, 5 girls) = NT, only 1 normal XY

Cycle #2 HRC Jan 2014 - 32 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and fertilised, 19 to Day 5 aCGH (14 girls, 5 boys) = 4 normals (2 XX & 2XY) - transferred x1 HB - BFP (6dp 6dt) - Betas 280, 2160, 20736. 1 HB (128bpm) seen at 7 weeks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 3lovelyboys, I have five lovely boys! I am, like you, towards the older end of the scale at 39! I'm quite upset about the statistics, I still feel 'fertile' I always know when I Ovulate and have been so lucky to never have to try to get pregnancy for longer than the one month, even on last pregnancy which was only 2 years ago. Anyway I digress..... I just wanted to say hi, I am desperate to try PGD for our last baby. Id love to try Dr Potter but travelling that far with my boys in tow plus the expense of all that would entail makes it highly unlikely for us. I'm clinging to any positive stories from Genesis as this would work really well logistically for us as a family. I've emailed him and had a detailed response so I'm now thinking through my next move.... I know it has to be this year ideally. I'm full of indecision right now though :-(
    xx

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bettybleu which testing is Savvas offering nowadays? Is it acgh day 5? So full chromosome testing or still fish 5 probe day 3?

I would go to a clinic who will offer acgh day 5 (not day 3 because from what I understand it's not accurate for gender) because it gives higher succesrates and less attempts.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvna View Post
    Bettybleu which testing is Savvas offering nowadays? Is it acgh day 5? So full chromosome testing or still fish 5 probe day 3?

I would go to a clinic who will offer acgh day 5 (not day 3 because from what I understand it's not accurate for gender) because it gives higher succesrates and less attempts.
    Hi Lisvna thanks for the reply.

I haven't spoken to Savvas yet, only first email so that is on my list of questions!
    Could you explain what acgh and fish 5 day probe are and the differences? This is all new to me and I feel like my head is full of new information from all the googling I've done these past few days. I desperately want this to work but I have a few doubts about doing it in Europe..... but the US is not possible for me.

Thanks x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12