Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Single woman considering Cyprus for IVF/PGD

Hi! I'm single yet considering having IVF to have a baby on my own. I am also thinking of having a daughter so I'm thinking about PGD too. Cyprus seems to be an option for me. Anyone here who have had their treatments there? I would like to hear your inputs.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cyprus has had mixed results. Are there any other possibilities?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you would obviously need IVF to get pregnant on your own(or another artificial method), you may have luck where you live. Have you inquired? How old are you? If you have to resort to IVF, it is not unusual to have testing done so you can select the healthiest embryo to transfer. They would have the gender of the embryo when they do testing. I wonder if even places where GS is not allowed would be more sympathetic or simply not care when someone is going through IVF alone for a child. Maybe you can do a consult locally and ask about the process?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi thanks for replying. I'm 42 I'm afraid. Don't quite like to prospect of asking personally. I have been doing some research but nothing is specific on NHS for single women, most require two years trying through natural means. I read though that it was allowed. I'm in Liverpool. So I'm hoping these forums can lead me through some answers. But I am willing to pay for private. I haven't mustered the courage to approach a GP either.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, I'm still scouting around. Haven't really made concrete steps yet like testing. I figured I can't be NHS qualified and although I'm good at the idea of going private, I still want to see more affordable clinics. Did you go through NHS with yours?

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcoop View Post
    Hello, I'm still scouting around. Haven't really made concrete steps yet like testing. I figured I can't be NHS qualified and although I'm good at the idea of going private, I still want to see more affordable clinics. Did you go through NHS with yours?
    Both of us are in the US, but we do have a lot of UK girls here and I'm hoping one of them chimes in. Most of them do some testing through their regular doctors before proceeding.

Would you consider donor eggs? Given your age you will have a better chance of success with them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello yes donor eggs are an option too. I'm undergoing testing now. Finally got the nerve to approach my GP about it.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pcoop, ive not been through IVF myself but a family member has had 2 ivf babies and was referred to the liverpool womens hospital for all her treatments both times, with you bin in liverpool id say its worth enquiring with liverpool womens about it all as may save you having to travel anywhere Good Luck on your IVF journey and i hope you end up with your baby girl x
    now 6blue5pink

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing. My GP wants to finish all my tests first before she will discuss any treatment. But Liverpool does fund single women right?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcoop View Post
    Thanks for sharing. My GP wants to finish all my tests first before she will discuss any treatment. But Liverpool does fund single women right?
    im not sure but women get referred there from all over so i'd assume if anywhere will fund its there! maybe look on their website for any info and if there's none give them a call
    now 6blue5pink

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast