Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I must be crazy!

Hi everyone!!

I'm currently in my fifth month of pregnancy with my second boy and I am already thinking about TTC again. These first two will be spaced about 2 1/2 years apart but I know I will be tempted to start TTC sooner next time to try for a girl. I'm guessing it will take quite awhile to convince my DH to have a third though as we had decided to just wait and see how two goes. I just have always felt that I was meant to have three (which he knows) and now that I have found this site and see that there are ways to improve my chances for having a girl, I feel so tempted and excited.

Thankfully as of now I do feel that if we have another boy I would be pretty OK with it as that to me seems something quite special as well. Like I was meant to be a mother to boys.

Did anyone else start thinking about gender swaying for the next before the other baby was even born? I should add that we didn't do any swaying the first or second time so I wasn't shocked when it wasn't a girl.

I just hope we get a baby without colic this time so it is easier to convince DH to go for a third

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and congrats on the pg!

Yes, I immediately thought about swaying for dc3 after we found out ds2 was a boy at the 20 week scan. Luckily my dh was on board with it and here we are half way through pg #3 (boy 3 too!). It is good to have a plan, I always felt like I wanted three children too. Hope the rest of your pg goes well and good luck with getting your girl!
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on the third boy indigo! How far apart are yours spaced?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly 3 years between ds1 and ds2 (had 2miscarriages) and this time exactly 2 years apart (it happened a bit sooner than we expected!!)
    Thanks for the congrats, I feel pretty good about having 3 boys, you will LOVE having 2!
    2007 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did exactly this.

I heard boy at the 20 U/S for DS2 and I was so down about it my DH said over lunch after U/S "we could always try for a girl." I hadn't even known about swaying yet, all i knew was the timing method Dr. Shettles purports.

So while I was pregnant with him I was researching Shettles mostly and found a disturbing trend in opposites and thought there had to be something more to it, or something that *more* guarantee. Then after I had DS2, I started researching and found gender swaying websites, I've been here since Nov. and the ladies here are so awesome & helpful!

Anyway, I got pregnant again when DS2 was only 8 months old, and I'm due in Sept. I find out what I'm having in two days, so I'll see whether the girl sway worked or not. But imho, only try with a girl sway if you feel your heart is open and big enough for boy 3. Swaying can definitely help, and I do believe in it, but I also believe a fair bit of it is luck or just randomness as well, so even an awesome sway can produce an opposite. So as long as your heart is open to the possiablity of 3 boys, I think trying for a girl is a good idea, because there is a chance you could get her as well
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys... I am swaying for girl and I am not even pg yet, and already thinking about planning a sway for baby #4!! LOL
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're just excited for the future and that's normal. Now as far as when to try.. I would wait until your baby boy is at least 10 months to a year to be safe. If the gap is any smaller, you risk MC. My DS#1 was 10 months old when I conceived DS#2.
    And as much fun as boys are... 2 boys = A LOT of work! I am having the hardest time convincing my husband to have a third. I must have that baby girl I've longed for my whole life, or I will have a void, and I will keep trying to fill it. It might be a fight to get what you want. I told mine I'm not giving up. I won't get on any type of birth control until we conceive our third little one. I have to give it to God, I just don't have a choice because I don't get much help. I hope you continue on with your healthy pregnancy, and just enjoy it!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the welcome ladies!! First off, TTC number 3 is still a WAYS off. I wouldn't even consider spacing of less than 2 years. I like time to get my body back, to stop nursing after a year, to go out again, to get a full nights sleep ,etc LOL.

Second: DH will be tough to convince but he has known since baby number 1 that I wanted 3. I actually asked myself today if I would still want three if this one was a girl and I definitely would. Thankfully for us we are lucky that we can afford 3 so it will be more a point of proving to DH that it wouldn't be that much extra work for him. I'm hoping the benefits of having a sibling for DS1 show this better then words can though.

Third: I do think 3 boys would be really special, and I would be totally OK with it. We wouldn't try for a fourth no matter what and while it would be sad for me to know I wouldn't experience a daughter in that way, I could definitely get over it.

Basically I am just pleased to find out that there is more that you can do besides just timing and I feel like at least eating a different diet would up the odds for me.

Butterfly: I hope you can convince your DH!! I am already planning on it taking months to convince mine!

Ribbons: Good luck on your girl sway!

auroara78: Are you nervous for the results? I hope your swaying paid off and you get a girl!

indigoviolet: I love your timing! I also think 3 boys would be a lot of fun. How special to grow up as 1 of 3 brothers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nervous now, thanks for asking!

I was calm as can be earlier, and all of sudden, it hit me this afternoon like a mack truck hehe
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast