17 94.44%
  • Move on with 3 beautiful sons

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definatley get into the swaying and give it a go! Do all you can and give it your best effort and "IF" it turns out to be another boy then you will know you did everything in your power for one and that you were just meant to be a boy mommy.. I know exactley how you feel, I have 4 boys! 3 from a previous relationship and one with DH... We had "planned" on swaying for a girl later on for our last and I ended up with a BIG surprise when I didnt get my period last month! Not planned, didnt really get to sway the odds or NOTHING and to be honest I was upset when I saw that BFP cause it was the last thing I was thinking was the cause on why my period was late (we were using pullout method and only had sex twice in that month) so needless to say Im scared that his baby is another boy but Im trying to stay positive and if it is I know I will be upset knowing I will never my lil girl and a mother daughter bond, but what can we do you know? Everything happens for a reason, I just hope the reason I got pregnant was God deciding that it was time for me to have a daughter and snuck her in and knew that if I had "tried" for her then it would have been a boy so he gave me her in a surprise!

I know in the end when the baby is born and in my arms I will love him/her the same no matter what... Hang in there, you never know unless you try! Its better to give it a shot then to live with "What If"
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My limit is four children, but my hubby really wants to stop at two. He's going along with this but moaning about it, gotta love him though as we've been ttc for a year now! If the next one's a boy, I plan on cutting back on my food to slowly lose weight when the baby's weaning age. I'd use those crucial next 6 months of still bf a lot for a sway as my period usually returns around the 8th month after giving birth. Hopefully I'd catch before the baby's a year and have a smaller age gap. TBH, if it's a girl I'd probably still try it! I really don't think I could live with the thought that had I'd just tried I could've had a girl. I'd be happy with 3 boys and a girl, but if I had 4 boys, at least I know I've tried.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow I must say that this story does in fact hit home for me. I have two boys from a previous relationship and one with my husband. My last pregnancy was the worst out of all of them and made me say no more as well until I saw everyone around me getting pregnant again.
    It's OK to yearn for that little girl and no one on here will ever question how much you love your child or children or unborn child. I finally got to the point where I really want to have another and try for that girl! If it doesn't happen then I just have another mamas boy who will love me forever I look at it this way I am doing it all, the LE diet (starting Monday), timing, charting, the calendar and whatever else is out there that way like you said At least I tried it all and if its a boy then I know I was meant to have 4 boys in my life and that is ok too
    My husband said it best when he said expect a little boy and hope for a girl that way the GD is a little easier to take. I feel like I am actually answering myself for real I am in the same boat and I too am so afraid that this is our last shot but its one of those things where you just gotta go for it!!!

Good luck and I am throwing pink baby dust your way!!!
    Twins born at 36 weeks 4 days!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3boyz11 View Post

Good luck and I am throwing pink baby dust your way!!!
    Thank you and same to you and all the other Mommies with the yearn for their desired gender...
    Last edited by BabyCakesTor; October 16th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BabyCakes, I could have written the first two paragraphs of your post. I too, had two gorgeous sons in my first marriage. I wanted my first child to be a boy and he was. So, next I ordered a girl. I just expected it would happen. But my order must have gotten mixed up somehow because baby number two was another boy! My ex husband and I were looking into HT for a girl third baby but our marriage ended before we got that far.

Fast forward a few years and I met my now DH. We decided we wanted to have two of our own together. And honestly I was happy to have another boy (because even though he loves my boys it was lovely for him to have a son of his own too). So we have decided to go HT for our fourth and final child. I would be ok with another boy as I do want a fourth child, but I would love a girl and I feel this is my last chance. I have never tried swaying and it is my back up plan to do so if HT does not work.

Is HT an option for you?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zibibbogirl View Post

Is HT an option for you?
    No HT is not an option, financially and my husband absolutely does not believe in going that route if we can conceive naturally
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted try but only as thats what i am doing. I too have 3 boys but unlike you i love it and am not bothered about a daughter yet my husband has longed for a daughter since DS1. We always said 4 children and yet we then decided to stop at 3 but recently ive been thinking "what if" i dont ever want to look back and regret not having 4 as planned and i dont want to ask myself what if that was his daughter that he had longed for so here we are ttc number 4 - if its a boy then it was meant to be and atleast we tried and we know that no matter what sex the baby we will never look back and regret having him / her where as we would regret having not tried.
    Good luck with what ever you decide to do. x
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Hey huni! Why do you think it's a boy? I'm getting pink vibes from you! Hope I'm right!

As for the timing...Haven't decided yet, but I'll wean off this baby before new sway, so in a year would be the soonest. I don't want to do anything that can possibly or remotely sway pink.
    I prefer bigger age gaps ( can you tell? ) but this time it's not going to be possible bcos of my age
    Also I'm skipping November and December, bcos it's a jinx, conceived 2 girls in Dec, 1 in late Nov, I'm not gambling this time lol!

I think I'll start in Jan 2013, so it will be 2 years apart or a bit more.
    How funny 2 of my 3 boys were conceived in Oct and one in december yet here i am in october swaying girl - i did think at frst it would mean for sure we get another boy but the thought of skipping a month and being on this diet 4 weeks without an attempt was enough to make me forget it !! ha ha
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Oh Emily, I don't think anyone could be offended by what you wrote! That's what I really enjoy about the GD boards, everyone is so respectful of each other and our differences.

But I agree with you that it's all about your own personal limits, and we're all different.

As a boy mom of 3, I can reassure you that if it's DS3 for you he will be very, very special. I bonded SO HARD with DS3, and this is the baby that had AFP markers come back and we actually had 'that talk' about whether we would consider termination if there was something wrong. At one point I even admitted to DH that it would be easier to consider termination since he wasn't my DG, and I'm very, very ashamed to admit I even thought that. But in the end we didn't go for the amnio, decided we were keeping the baby no matter what was wrong with him, and it turned out he was perfectly healthy anyways. Everyday I am grateful and so thankful we never did the amnio.

Anyways, my point is, three is plenty and five for most people is nuts, LMAO. But they do get a lot easier when they're older. People wonder how I cope and I tell them DS3 is like 90% of the work, especially now that he's in his Terrible Threes tantrum stage. Uggggggh.

There is something sooooo special about that 3rd boy - i love all my sons to bits but definately had the strongest bond fro day 1 with ds3 and he is probably the hardest / naughtiest one !!! ha ha
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to back up what the other ladies are saying. Decide what your limits are and go for it.

I am at the point where if I don't at least try, I won't be happy. I will make my first TTC blue attempt next month and we'll try for 12 months. If no prego, we'll cut some tubes and move on with our 3 gorgeous girls.

I am freaked out about having GD again too if I end up with a 4th girl, but DD3 is my little mini-me and I can't get enough of her, if I don't get a boy and I get another version of DD3, I'll be fine. I'll be sad, but I'll be ready to let go of the dream. DH is in the same place so that helps a lot.

Four kids is a super stretch for us but if it works, then its all a dream come true. GD has worn me out over the past 4 years so I'm ready to let it go either way.

Good luck, you aren't alone!!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast