Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trust IVF clinics?

Hello

I am new here so.... I have two fantastic boys and am dreaming of a daughter.

I am seriously concidering IVF with pgd for a girl. Im 40 so this is my last chance to have that babygirl. My husband and I are "ordinary people"), middle class, so we do not have unlimited amounts of money lying around
    I am looking into clinics, but when I think about spending all of these money on my dream, I am also afraid of people to take advantage of that.
    How do I trust people who are making so much money on a thing that you can not check up on?
    I mean if I do not succeed the first time, I will be around a second time to pay another 10.000 euros for another round of IVF.
    Im actually thinking: How do I even know they are putting any eggs in there?
    I know it's awful to think that about other people and there are for sure lots of good clinics and doctors out there, but there are so much money in this.....

Has any of you had the same thoughts?

Casandra

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome.

It is a big risk. At 40, it will likely take more than one try so you need to find a RE you trust. There are many reputable clinics around the world so as long as you stick with one of those, I don't think you have to worry about the issues with lying.

I am sure there are bad clinics out there but it's pretty easy to stay clear of those.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with NBP you have to find a clinic you trust.
    Another way to think about it is that they don't want their stats to suffer. They actually have motivation to make it work!
    I am 37 and have defintely realized I'm probably not going to be a OHW! (it would be nice though )
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you are talking about euros I think there are 3 reliable clinics in Europe you can go to: near Prague it is **** and ******** but they won't offer genderselection openly and they don't have spermsort. At this forum women didn't went there (just one to **** but no transfer due to no girls left). You have Genesis clinic of dr Savvas Koundouros in South Cyprus. Many women went and came back pregnant. He offers genderselection openly and he has spermsort too.

I would say read as much stories on this board so you can see for yourself which clinic is the best for you! Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome