Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm aggressive, outspoken, at work I'm considered a bit of a bully (and my coworkers are 90% men!). I have a girl and a boy...but I was dieting like a mad person when I got my girl.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mother was a terribly short fused person lol always getting really mad at us for basically nothing and she had BBBG and DH's mom is the most kindest person I have ever me like seriously reminds me of someone like mother thressa and she had 3 boys so I don't know.... I have been trying to find connections like crazy... DH's dads parents had 4 of each.... My dads das had two of each... My brothers all had girls first! So I'm not seeing any connection at all! I am pretty short fused normally not the past few months I have three boys so I'm hoping cause I had a total personality change that will work in my fav our for this little bean.... But honestly I am just happy with a healthy baby after having two developmentally delayed (autistic) boys I would just be ecstatic to get to experience normal things with my child..... My first son is perfect but I was young and stupid and didn't appreciate the time.....I wish I could go back.... Don't get me wrong I loved him very much just I was trying to hard on trying to be a teenager omg sorry for the vent flipping hormones
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 4 girls and 1 boy and m fairly feisty....can stand my ground type person
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always thought it was the sperm that determined the gender or is it the environment they go into have a bearing?? Well my SIL is the narkiest b***h you could ever meet and she has a lovely little girl...interesting concept though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTreasure View Post
    I always thought it was the sperm that determined the gender or is it the environment they go into have a bearing?? Well my SIL is the narkiest b***h you could ever meet and she has a lovely little girl...interesting concept though!
    Well, yes and no. Chromosome wise obviously the sperm gets the 'vote'. But it doesn't quite add up that physiologically the way sperm are made, every man has 50-50, yet clearly we have some people with quite a large group all of one gender. So something else is swinging the gender preference.

The theory behind swaying is that the environment of mom can be more receptive to one gender over another. And the theory that Mother Nature favours boys in times of 'plenty' and girls when resources are scarce, since boys are statistically more fragile as embryos and infants. So if your body thinks it's famine time, it'll swing towards producing more girls as girls are 'hardier'. That's the theory anyways, in reality of course it's all up to God and chance but at least we can try to change our habits and see if it makes a difference!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Well, yes and no. Chromosome wise obviously the sperm gets the 'vote'. But it doesn't quite add up that physiologically the way sperm are made, every man has 50-50, yet clearly we have some people with quite a large group all of one gender. So something else is swinging the gender preference.

The theory behind swaying is that the environment of mom can be more receptive to one gender over another. And the theory that Mother Nature favours boys in times of 'plenty' and girls when resources are scarce, since boys are statistically more fragile as embryos and infants. So if your body thinks it's famine time, it'll swing towards producing more girls as girls are 'hardier'. That's the theory anyways, in reality of course it's all up to God and chance but at least we can try to change our habits and see if it makes a difference!
    Wow thanks for this, very interesting. I'm learning so much, I am so amazed at what my body's doing right now I can't quite get my head around it! Thanks for the info

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you can really look at personality, like Atomic said it's not what's going on on the outside it's what's going on inside. It's all about the condition of your body when you conceive because we can sit here all day and compare ppl and what they have cuz really there are tons of oppositees with just going by personality. I think there's way more to it not just personality I think it's diet and lifestyle mostly. Honetstly if it was based off personality then ton's of women including me have no chance at out desired gender and I guess that's not what this sites about because it's suppost to help us get out disired gender under any circumstances even if I have all boy's and am aggresive or independent because ton's of women who are like that have girls.
    Last edited by wannagirl21; December 1st, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I THINK hormones have a lot to do with personality. I also think they create an environment hospitable to either XY or XX sperm.

Personality is definitely a part of it...
    In my own group of friends I can easily identify "boy moms" vs. "girl moms"
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am firstborn, feisty, independent and aggressive. I'm kind of a 'guy,' if you know what I mean. My best friends are usually men. But I love Hello Kitty and pink!
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see how hormones effect personlaity I have a girl friend who is so quiet and gentle spirited and she has 3 boy's but maybe for some reason she has a high testosterone levels but it doesn't seem to affect her personality. Almost all the girls I know who are boy moms are very quiet and gentle spirited girls and they have boy's. Then i also know a couple girls who are hyper and outgoing and indepenent and they have girls so really I'm convinced it's whats going on in the inside.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast