Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. New to the forum and wishing for a girl

Hello. I am new to the forum, and wishing for a girl. I have two boys, and currently pregnant with another boy from what i'm told at last sonogram.Chances of the sono techs being wrong are most likely slim to none at 21 weeks, but oddly, I had my teenage son look at the potty shot instead of me to give his opinion. He smiled and said he saw nothing there. Obviously nothing there would usually indicate a girl! I realize my son is not a trained tech, but still its rather odd. Somehow they were able to see something my son did not, and on top of it, the doctor came in and said "whats the matter, you don't want a girl?!" So , i immediately thought she was implying it was, but my son talked with her before I left, and she said boy. He started to cry, and hated to tell me the news. I was devastated, as I tried to sway with this pregnancy. I had lost weight, and was hardly eating anything. No breakfast, hardly any meat, but was eating a lot of corn and rice! I was also taking a daily probiotic, and my ph was usually 4.5 to 5 when checked, which was frequently. I did consume lots of aspartame as well, but through diet coke, sometimes caffenated, sometimes not. I am vitamin D defficient, so was given vitamin D supplements daily at 5000 IUs. Also took cranberry as often as possible, and consumed loads of yogurt and yogurt smoothies with lower fat milk. No big O during attempts either. Perhaps, DHs ph was too high???
    Everyone in his side of the family had one of each gender. His two sisters had a boy and a girl, then they had a boy and a girl also!!! This would be the first time in his family's history that someone had the same gender twice. Lucky us. His entire family swore that since he already has a son, that this child was sure to be a girl. See my teenage son is not DHs child. He only has the one son.
    I am, however, hypothyroid, and I wonder if that is one of the reasons I keep getting boys.
    I also have high estrogen levels,and possibly high testesterone levels as well, so my issue may be due to those hormone levels. I have recently read about saw palmetto, and thought maybe I needed to take those, since they are known to lower the hormone levels. It may be as simple as that to get my girl.
    I am going through a bit of gender disappointment, and hope noone will think I am nuts. I love my boys, it will just take a little time to get adjusted to this one, especially since I swayed so hard, and thought by altering diet and losing weight I had a chance, but each and every time it s a boy.
    Does anyone have any thought on what I may can do on next and final attempt to up chances for a girl?? Final attempt because I cannot deliver naturally, and have all c sections, and was told 4 was the limit.
    I wish I had the funds to afford IVF but it is absolutely not possible with my income.
    I know some of you have mentioned prayer, but I even tried that, with no avail...
    My youngest son was determined this child was a girl, he kept calling it a 'she" and whenever anyone disputed him, he would call them crazy! most people around me felt it was probably a girl, and the last time I was preg with my son, I always was told the prediction was a boy, so I hoped....
    Last edited by wantagirl36; January 14th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, Wantagirl! We definitely understand where you're coming from in here :-)

I'm a newbie too (also swaying girl) but hopefully some of the super knowledgable folks in here can give you great advice for next time, if this baby does end up being a boy. I suppose you never know for sure til they're out,huh? lol!

Sending pink dust your way :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Sorry you're at a low point right now, I hope you feel better soon.
    Don't blame yourself or look for reasons why, your sway sounds spot on, but it is just that, a sway, not a sure fire way. That little boy spermy obviously just wanted to win more! Think how hostile you made your body, and he still got through, that's one special tough little brighter you've got there!
    Sending hugs xxxx