Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't agree with that much testing because the chances of loosing potentially good embryos with that much testing is high. Your donor will be young and chances are most of the embryos that you will get that make it to a good stage on day 5 will be normal.

I wouldn't do anymore than a 5 probe and even then I would settle for X, Y and 21 if available.

The test on day 3, but they transfer by day 5, at this stage a lot can be seen as to what is a good and bad embryo, so they will pick not only the one that is 'normal' but the one that looks the best also. Not always are those one's normal, but they are able to tell a lot now from a day 5 embryo.

I think your chances with a donor are a lot higher than the results we have been getting lately, try not to worry.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for advise, really appreciate it. I am wondering how many embryos likely to be lost unnecessarily also 12 probe FISH ? I had a miscarriage last yr so really want to do everything possible to reduce chance of this. Although would be terrible to loose good embryos for no reason, think for me would be worse to have miscarriage even if there are other embryos frozen to use later.

I am wondering also if anyone knows of REALLY CHEAP place to stay near genesis (spent all our cash on treatment!)

Good luck to everyone going in June, it is such a mind blowing process!
    Last edited by ella; May 15th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck!!
    2 cool dudes & 2 step dudes

Thank you Superior Art for my beautiful princess!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ella,
    when in June will you be there? Which side of oz are you from?

June is their high season so cheap places may be harder to find. Saying that though accommodation there is cheaper than here in oz.

Good luck.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be there beginning of june. We are from south australia.
    Last edited by ella; May 15th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow

It is estimated that each probe has a 5-15% rate of being wrong. So by doing that many probes you will potentially loose another 1 or 2 good embryos.

I would not do more than 5 probe, I didn't even know Dr Savaas did that many probes. You won't gain any better info by doing more probes, it is not the same as doing full chromosome testing because of the way it is tested. They also only take 1 cell at day 3 so this just isn't enough to get a full picture.

Your donor will be young, most of her eggs should be normal anyway. Biopsy is on day 3, but naturally most will loose half their embryos day 3 to 5, these are generally abnormal and what is left is what they choose from they can tell a lot about an embryo by looking on day 5.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all this info. It will be a huge help with our decision.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr Savvas from the Genesis clinic doesn't offer 12 probe fish. He does offer 5 probe. Ella are you confused with north Cyprus IVF clinic? There works a dr Savas.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello everyone!
    I am a 33 year old mother of four gorgeous boys!
    Me and my husband would like to try for a girl using PDG.
    I live in sweden and it against the law of ethics to preform pdg/microsort or gender balance techniques.
    I have been in contact with multiple clinics around the world and has decided to go to Dr Savas in Genesis clinic, cyprus .
    I would love to hear more about this treatment and your experiences with it all.
    I hear you have a 33% chance to conceive the first time, is this true?
    kind regards palloma!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Palloma. I've been to Genesis twice and got PG both times with an XX (and I'm 'old' 44!) First time, sadly I m/c at 9 weeks, and am currently in the very early stages of this pregnancy - two good BETA's, so fx this one works. Personally, I like Savvas very much and the clinic, it's small and you get a personal service which is nice, although communication isn't always ideal...but I think that's just a different culture. However, from the experience of other girls on here, I definitely think that with Genesis it's a bit of 'one size fits all'. If it works for you great but, if not, you could spend a lot of money and go through a lot of emotional heartache.

Just wondering why you have chosen Genesis? At present, HRC in California are having fab results - 83% success I think and given your age you'd stand an excellent chance of it working first time. I seriously thought about going there this time round, had consult with Dr Potter and DH even left a sample. As a GD member you get a free consult and $1,000 off your cycle. Cost wise it's not that much more expensive (although travel obviously is). Really don't want to put you off Genesis but 30% versus 83% is a big difference....Good luck in you decision and if you've got any more questions please PM me xx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345