Thread: Did I ovulate?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I ovulate?

I'm only charting this cycle, and it's my second since stopping BC. I got a smiley face on my Clear Blue Easy dig fertility monitor and a "confirmed ovulation" sign on my Ovacue monitor. However, my temp has not risen. It's been two days since the monitors told me I ovulated. Is it possible to ovulate and not have a rise in temp? My last cycle I wasn't using monitors, but I did have a temp rise about a week later into the cycle.
    Can Pep tea and Vitex affect temperature?
    Any help with this is appreciated!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is possible to ovulate and not see a temp rise, but it is very very rare, what is more common is that something is wrong - either the monitors, or your temp taking habits, or just something!

I'll be honest, I've not used either of those monitors, so I can't really say how accurate they are.

From Ovacue's website I got this: "OvaCue is tracking trends in electrolytes that indicate that the body is going through the hormonal changes necessary to initiate ovulation. Even though the body tries to ovulate successfully, it doesn't always happen."

Meaning it can tell you that you *should* have ovulated, but not be correct, which sounds just like a opk stick.

Do you use a proper bbt thermometer (measures to 2 decimal places, so 97.63 for example), do you take it at the same time each morning, before doing anything else? If you are taking temps properly I would be more inclined to say that your body is trying to ovulate, but not quite making it, as only a sustained temp shift can confirm ovulation.

Vitex very often does delay ovulation in ladies with regular cycles, do you have a link to your chart? xxxxxx