Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi new and yearning for PINK!

Hi!
    I am so glad to have found this place. DH and I have a son who I love more than anything in this whole wide world... but No one knows how deep my desire is to have a girl next. Not even my husband. I feel so ashamed to be so "picky" after long term TTC and suffering a miscarriage before having a healthy and beautiful baby boy. So many couples struggle with infertility and here I am desperate for a girl even though I already have my boy. I just feel like a jerk. I'm afraid of admitting to the world because if we got pregnant with a boy the 2nd time around, they will know how disappointed I would be. I just keep telling people that I don't really care - as long as the baby is healthy. WHICH IS TRUE. I just pray and pray that it is a healthy baby GIRL.

If we are blessed with another child, I am afraid to find out early - because if it's a boy, i feel like I won't enjoy the pregnancy as much. Currently, clothes shopping makes me feel bitter. All the girl clothes are sooooo flippin cute, and here are the plain "overly boy-ish" and boring boys clothes. I have a friend who kept saying how "girls are better". Whenever I buy her daughter things, I never buy anything girly. It's always gender neutral. I'm such a hater. I am just so insanely jealous of all the women who have daughters. I want that. I want that so much.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Thank you for this safe place for me to vent about my innermost secrets to have a daughter to call my own.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

I recognize a lot! I allways smile when a friend has a boy ultrasound hihi, and for a girl I buy neutral things.

What are your plans? Doing a diet? Going HT? Does your DH know you'd like to have a girl that much?
    Sitting, waiting, wishing.

our lovely son born in 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and Welcome
    You can feel free to vent as much as you like, as there are many, many girls here who feel exactly the same, me included!
    Good luck with your pink sway

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi meisje, thank you. It is so comforting to know I am not alone in what I feel.

I am verrrry new to swaying, so I don't know what my plans are yet. I'm not sure if it would even work. DS was conceived with an IUI (+ femara and injectibles) because DH's "guys" have low motility. I also considered advanced maternal age and BMI is high. I am too afraid to lose too much weight now because I am still breast feeding.

DH doesn't know how badly I want a girl. I'm afraid to admit it to him. Not that he wouldn't be supportive, but I dunno. I don't want him to feel like he failed me if we have another boy (especially since he already feels bad about his "guys").
    I my son with all my heart...
    Dreaming of a daughterto call my own.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Lunasa View Post
    Hi and Welcome
    You can feel free to vent as much as you like, as there are many, many girls here who feel exactly the same, me included!
    Good luck with your pink sway
    Thank you!
    I my son with all my heart...
    Dreaming of a daughterto call my own.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm new here but welcome and good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by isis View Post
    Hi meisje, thank you. It is so comforting to know I am not alone in what I feel.

I am verrrry new to swaying, so I don't know what my plans are yet. I'm not sure if it would even work. DS was conceived with an IUI (+ femara and injectibles) because DH's "guys" have low motility. I also considered advanced maternal age and BMI is high. I am too afraid to lose too much weight now because I am still breast feeding.

DH doesn't know how badly I want a girl. I'm afraid to admit it to him. Not that he wouldn't be supportive, but I dunno. I don't want him to feel like he failed me if we have another boy (especially since he already feels bad about his "guys").
    Hi Isis and welcome! Feel free to ask any questions or vent. A lot of people here understand where you are and can offer support.

Just to let you know advanced maternal age can sway pink. Because you have a higher BMI, weight loss shouldn't been too difficult while breast feeding (which should sway pink!) While I say this, this is a sway and isn't 100% proof just helps to sway things in a general direction. I would, if you can, recommend getting at least a basic plan just so you know roughly what you should be aiming for. Good luck!

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

I think you will love it here. Lots of women can relate to your feelings of guilt (I had some guilt in desiring a girl too, we had lots of losses and had two healthy sons), envy(who doesn't get envious when someone has what they want!?), and desire to have a specific gender. It's a fab group of ladies.

And it actually already sounds like you have some sway factors on your side (maternal age, breast feeding, fewer swimmers heading to the eggie). Add in some diet and supplements and you could be well on your way to getting your little girl

It's a little overwhelming at first, but ask a lot of questions. The ladies here are great!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I am hoping for a girl too. I really wanted number two to be a girl so I could relax for the thrid cos I always wanted three kids but did not sway and got twins so am going to have one more so I can try swaying. How many kids do you want?
    Maybe you can mention it casually to your husband first just to see how he reacts like "it would be really nice to have a girl next time, what do you think?"
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    isis, I hear you loud and clear and I couldn't have written it better myself - although my husband does know, with all three hes had to be major support for me. But now I've said to him since the 'trying' again thing hasn't helped maybe we should change the way we conceive - everything opposite! People are cruel and horrible even friend and family talking down about my boys. We will be trying in December so I'm doing all the study on EVERYTHING as I'm determined not to leave anything out! Stupid wives tales and all! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast