Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed Mum of 5 - Scotland, UK

Hi - I'm Claire...have 5 children (9yrs, 7yrs, 6yrs, 4yrs and 5mths) and this is going to be our last. The oldest is a girl, followed by 4 four boys - we're swaying pink to try and even things out!! Our last baby was a Shettles attempt at a girl - until today I thought it would work (and had maybe done something wrong), but have just read all the info on why he was wrong, so ,um yeah - thanks (wouldn't change him for the world though) lol This time we're here and reading all we can - we are going to start our sway attempt 3mths from this month - as you may have noticed I'm highly fertile!! Having another boy does not faze us - we'll be happy with whatever - but thought we'd have another wee pop at swaying....I just have a feeling though: I won't be making any girls names lists this year...

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! The ladies in the swaying forum are very supportive and helpful. Any child is a blessing but there's nothing wrong with throwing a little sway into the mix!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you - I've been visiting the site for a few weeks and reading all the info - but thought it best to get involved now as sometimes it gets confusing out there lol
    Pink/Blue - I like having (making) babies!! It's mainly our daughter who yearns for a sister! she has been warned though - mummy and daddy are best at making boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome along and best of luck with your sway

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I'm from Scotland too, it's a great site which is a blessing as it's not the done thing irl to express a gender preference!! Good luck. Did your lifestyle change after your daughter - do you feel you fall under the boy making mum lifestyle? Xx
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Incredible View Post
    Welcome! I'm from Scotland too, it's a great site which is a blessing as it's not the done thing irl to express a gender preference!! Good luck. Did your lifestyle change after your daughter - do you feel you fall under the boy making mum lifestyle? Xx
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Well - my lifestyle changed after my daughter as I went from being one person to 2 lol she's my oldest so was always going to change my life (I did find it hard having a girl though as everyone I knew had boys and I was used to them) - but I don't ever really feel any pressure one way or the other. My boys can be very girly and my girl can act like a right wee boy so we all just tag along - really depends on the mood of theday lol only really want another girl to try and even things out and all the boys are desperate for a wee sister x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyleof7 View Post
    Well - my lifestyle changed after my daughter as I went from being one person to 2 lol she's my oldest so was always going to change my life (I did find it hard having a girl though as everyone I knew had boys and I was used to them) - but I don't ever really feel any pressure one way or the other. My boys can be very girly and my girl can act like a right wee boy so we all just tag along - really depends on the mood of theday lol only really want another girl to try and even things out and all the boys are desperate for a wee sister x
    Sorry, the way I worded that was bad!! What I meant was - on GD there is a general trend of how boy mums eat and how girls mums eat as a general sweep. with you having a girl first then all boys I was wondering if your eating habbits changed between your first 2 children. If that makes sense??

It would be lovely for you to even up the gender ratio a little especially as the boys would love a little sister. xx
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Incredible View Post
    with you having a girl first then all boys I was wondering if your eating habbits changed between your first 2 children. If that makes sense??
    lol sorry - yes makes sense - still learning the ropes here!! When I got pregnant with my daughter I really didn't look after me very well. I only ate if I was hungry - and only ate mac n cheese from a packet/box or smoked sausage suppers from chippy!! Every time i ate I had a pint of milk with my meal. In between meals (which could go up to 28hrs) I drank bottles of Irn Bru. Always skipped breakfast, didn't normally eat til 7/8 at night (I worked fulltime as a mechanic). Drank tons at weekend (I was 19 and enjoying my life) and smoked like 20-30 cigs a day. When Doc told me I was pregnant I stopped smoking and drinking right then and there (and haven't touched either since) So when I fell with ALL my boys I was eating 3 square a day. I ate brekkie, lunch and dinner and drink water, milk, tea and coffee. I started to exercise properly too. Can't say if my diet swayed me one way or the other - but I was way healthier with my boys (although I've gone from size 6-8 with my daughter to 14-16 with my boys lol) x