Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Have 2 beautiful boys -would love a girl - but may be too old . . .

Hi!

I am new here. Not even sure if I will end up using any of the great info here as I am not sure if we will actually TTC for a 3rd baby. We have two gorgeous boys (7 yrs old & almost 1 yr old). We have a large gap between our boys as DS1 has autism and for a while things were very hard and we wanted him to get all the attention he needed. At one point we even thought he'd be an only. THEN he started doing really wonderfully and we decided to try for a 2nd. We lost a pregnancy at 11 weeks and the conceived DS2. He is amazing and I adore him and his older brother. But I realized after opening the door to having a 2nd child it reignited my dreams for a big family. I had previously always dreamed of 4 kids and assumed there would be at least one girl. Now I really want to try one more time to see of we could have a little girl. I just want the chance.

BUT it's tricky because pregnancies are hard on me. They are healthy but very hard. I have horrible nausea and lots of pelvic pain and my functioning level is greatly lowered. Not great for a SAHM who also homeschools a special needs kid.

AND I am currently 41, turning 42 this fall. DH is 46. He is also not really onboard with trying for a 3rd. He has not completely shut the door on it but he has said he really doesn't think it is a good idea. He thinks pregnancies are too hard on me. He is worried about my age and something tragic happening to me. He is worried about our combined ages and the risks of birth defects. I worry about these things too. But the pull to try one more time is so strong. I think about it every day. I feel like if we don't try I will always wonder if we could have had a little girl. If we end up with another boy I feel like I could make my peace with it and just know it is our path. But to not try? I might regret it forever.

So that's where I am. I'd really love if we could somehow sway a girl. But I also want to figure out if we can do this at all. Is it a good idea? Are we too old? Should I quit while I am ahead? And we would not even start trying right away anyway as DS2 was a C-section (he was breech) so I want to wait until he is at least 18 months, if not 2 yrs before even trying. By then I'll be over 42 and then 43 by the time I had a 3rd child.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I also wanted to add that reading up on stuff here has made me think I swayed boys because I was very well nourished both times and had high testosterone from stressing during TTC. We had a miscarriage before each DS and so both times I was very anxious and controlling every aspect of TTC. Actually I am a generally anxious, controlly type of person who can get OCD too. Sigh. If we were to try again I think my biggest challenge would be to RELAX and let it be.
    Last edited by beingmommy; June 15th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome My middle DS has ASD so I know how challenging that can be, but rewarding too. If you did try you could start the le diet before you actually start actively trying.
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump this for me, as I'd like to give a thorough response and am out of time today.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ratcliffe, thank you! ASD is hard sometimes but like you said so rewarding. I am a much better parent and person because of my DS1. I definitely will try the LE diet if we decide to go ahead and try for another baby.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for Atomic and also adding a question as I keep reading more on this site.

I was wondering, for a girl sway, do I want to make my body think things are changing diet and testosterone-wise close to when we TTC? What I mean is, could I keep eating my nutrient dense food (that is very boy sway friendly) right now and then a couple months before we might TTC, switch to the LE diet so my body registers it as a losing weight have less abundance and suddenly sways girl? And then also keep up with my usual state of being right now, being a little OCD and what not, and then a couple of months before TTC suddenly focus on super relaxing and letting things go.
    Last edited by beingmommy; June 19th, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH and I talked this evening and he is warming up to the idea of a 3rd! We are not making the decision yet but it's definitely more on the table. I love him so much, he is such an awesome DH, dad, and person.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely beingmommy just keep eating as normal for now and start the diet about 3 months before you start TTC. Otherwise you might lose too much weight, stop ovulation, have to put on weight to get pregnant, and end up swaying blue again. That is unless you have a lot of weight to lose to begin with.
    I think with the OCD stuff though you can start relaxing whenever you want. Probably better to start sooner in fact as it can take a while to retrain yourself lol. Just don't start any big projects right before you start TTC.

How exciting . Three is awesome by the way!
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you covered in blue! I could stand to lose maybe 10-15 lbs but no more than that so starting close to TTC sounds like a good plan. And I will start learning to chill out now. LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast