Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! New here!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! New here!

Hi!

I have two lovely boys, the younger one is just 2 months old. I would love to have a girl to complete our family, that is my big dream. When I found out that my DS2 was a boy I had GD. Of course I love him but I´m kind of desperate to have a daughter. I´ve been reading this forum quite a lot and I think the only option for us would be HT. But the real problem is that my DH doesn´t want to have a third child. I knew this when I got pregnant with DS2 and then I accepted that it would be our last (no matter was it a boy or a girl). But now that I don´t have a DD it breaks my heart to think I would never have her. Today I had a talk with my DH about this and I really hoped he would be more positive to have a third one but no. And he thinks gender selection is wrong. I´m so sad and been crying alot today. I just can´t imagine my life without my girl. And many people around me get their girls and I´m just so jealous. I want this feeling to go away, but how? I really hope my DH would change his mind some day...
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. Everyone here feels or has felt the same way. I have 3 daughters and I knew when I got pregnant with each one they were girls immediately. So I was never surprised at the ultrasound. I didn't have GD disappointment right away but when my youngest was 8 months old, my younger brother found out he would be having a boy. I was green with envy! I even cried about it when no-one was around. I couldn't believe I felt that way! I adore my girls but that showed me that I felt like something was missing. If I was you, I would keep talking to your husband. Show him how much it matters to you. Also, gender swaying is different than gender selection. You just sway your odds in a different direction. Maybe explain that to him also? Good luck to you!
    Last edited by jmomof3girls; June 22nd, 2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, and yes you are not the only one with those feelings. I have 4 boys and I'm so desperate after my DD- My DH think dosent understand but after several talks (and a lot of crying from my side), I think he gets it, but still long way to convince him. Hope you can convince DH ��

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome
    Feel free to vent, you'll get lots of support and understanding here. I hope your dream comes true x

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I've been there too. Keep working on your DH . Mine wasn't exactly thrilled about keeping on going for a while. He now sees all the sacrifices I've made for him and our families and wants me to get what I want too. The other day he even said he'd be up for trying twice more naturally and if we get 2 more boys he'd want to do high tech . Big step for him! Hope you stick around and get your pinkie
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your messages! I think gender swaying wouldn't be right for us because if I can change my DH's mind on having a third child that would be really the last one and I would like to make sure it's a girl. Gender swaying is really interesting though. I wish I have tried it on my last pregnancy but I didn't know much about it until now I have read all this information about it here. I don't know how I could convince my DH on having a third child. It seems impossible. I don't want to pressure him but I think I just have to talk about it more. My dream of having a girl is what I think everyday...
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe this! I got my DH convinced and we can ttc a third child. I can't believe it took such a little time to change his mind. But he saw how unhappy I was... I'm very thankful. But HT is out of the question (he doesn't want that) so we are swaying pink maybe at the end of 2015. I'm really really happy about this and can't wait! I'm also worried about swaying because it's not 100% sure but have to try it. 3rd child will be a blessing no matter if it's a boy or a girl... Now I have a lot to study about swaying!
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three boys and just purchased a customized plan to sway for a girl...hoping to ttc the end of December. Good luck to you!
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy your husband was able to hear your side and is agreeing to give it another go. At first my husband was against having a third, and I didn't really care what gender I got. Now my husband is very supportive of the idea, and I find myself longing for a girl (never had this longing with the first two). Strange how things change sometimes

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopingforaprincess, I'm also thinking about purchasing a customized plan for swaying. I think it would be much easier to do the diet and everything when someone does the plan for you. Good luck to you too!!

Makai, thanks! Great that your husband is now supportive of the idea. I was so sure that mine would never ever want to have a third one but now he really surprised me. Are you ttc now or later? Good luck to you!
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast