Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!! HELP!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I think you can stop on CD24. It can't hurt to BD right up until AF, but I doubt it's necessary. Keep track of your CM and I personally recommend OPKing once daily throughout your cycle at 3pm, just bc of how weird post-mc cycles can be. I'd also recommend temping, if you can do it in a relaxed manner. If your fertile signs and OPKs suggest you are no longer fertile after the the 10th, or earlier, I think last BD on CD24 will cover your bases plenty.

I think it's important to catch the first egg post mc if you can, so I am very glad you are on board with every 4 days, which will give the best chances of conception while still strongly swaying pink.
    Thanks Maiden. Can you tell me why I need to use the OPKs if I will only BD every 4 days? Suppose I were to see a positive one. Would it matter since I can't BD until it's been four days anyhow? Just wondering. That part is a bit confusing. Thank you again!!
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys
    Lost my dear unborn baby August 2014, gender unconfirmed.

STILL for my

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going the bd every 4 days route, you don't need to do OPKs. It is meant to take the "edge" of pink swayers, lol. If you want greater chance of conception (still a good sway, but not as good as bd every 4 days when it comes to success), bd every 4 days then once more at +OPK. GL Mama!!!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If doing every 4 day method without the extra attempt, I would not use OPK. They may help do away with some confusion but they can also ADD confusion and stress that you are prob. better off without..
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    I am so sorry! I would be super confused as well! I don't know what to say
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If doing every 4 day method without the extra attempt, I would not use OPK. They may help do away with some confusion but they can also ADD confusion and stress that you are prob. better off without..
    What is the extra attempt thing about? I will likely just stick to the every four days but I'm curious. Say I were to BD Nov 2 and I use the OPK Nov 3 and see a positive. That would mean I should BD that very next day even though we did it the day before? And say we did go ahead and BD do we start the 4 days back from the original day (Nov 2) or the day we got the OPK? (so 4 days away from Nov 3)? Side note: I did use the OPK and still negative. The next BD day is tomorrow, 4 days out from the first time.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An extra attempt means slightly better odds of conception but lower odds of pink.

Yes, you have it right, the extra attempt at pos OPK just means toss in one more attempt at pos OPK whenever it comes.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If we BD today and I got a definite positive OPK tomorrow, wouldn't I still be ok if we didn't BD again since the sperm lives up to 5 days?
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuv View Post
    Thanks Maiden. Can you tell me why I need to use the OPKs if I will only BD every 4 days? Suppose I were to see a positive one. Would it matter since I can't BD until it's been four days anyhow? Just wondering. That part is a bit confusing. Thank you again!!
    You definitely don't NEED to use OPKs with BD every 4 days, and if you BD throughout your entire cycle, or if you're the anxious/obsessive type, I agree with the others that you shouldn't use them. I would personally choose to use them, just testing once a day all cycle long, bc I like to have as much info as possible, especially in the unusual cycles that often follow a miscarriage. That's all - just what I myself would do in your situation. It's not necessarily the best route and it does seem like it would be too much/obsessive in your case. Being relaxed when swaying pink is very important IMO and OPKs can be super stressful, so do what is easiest for you, I say. For me, not using OPKs and wondering would be more anxiety-inducing, but I am not like most people. I hope that all makes sense!

As for every 4 days + an extra attempt at positive OPK, I am personally not a fan of that approach at all amd would never recommend it. If for whatever reasons every 4 days isn't high enough odds of conception, then I would personally do every 3 days, and suggest that to those who are desperate to conceive quickly even if it means they aren't swaying pink as much as possible. With every 4 days + positive OPK, there is too great a chance of having 2 attempts close together which I believe, and the statistics show, sway significantly more blue.
    Last edited by maidentomother; November 2nd, 2014 at 06:23 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Maiden! I think you're right! That extra attempt has me a little nervous so I've opted not to do it. What's the BFP rate of people doing the every 4 day method? Are you all seeing that most people are getting pregnant?? (I thought about doing every 3 days but thought it was too late since we've BD the 29th, and 2nd already. I was afraid switching to 3 days now might throw something off. I really want to be prego this time since the D&C works in my favor but not if it means jeopardizing pink by using not so favorable methods.)
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If we BD today and I got a definite positive OPK tomorrow, wouldn't I still be ok if we didn't BD again since the sperm lives up to 5 days?
    Under absolutely ideal circumstances, supposedly sperm can possibly live up to 5 days. This is all very theoretical and it's really not been well demonstrated, and it's certainly NOT a great way to get pg, that's for sure.

But if you had BD on Sun, got pos on Mon, then ovulate on Tues, yes, I'd prob. stick with one attempt on Sun and not add attempts. Totally up to you tho.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Maiden! I think you're right! That extra attempt has me a little nervous so I've opted not to do it. What's the BFP rate of people doing the every 4 day method? Are you all seeing that most people are getting pregnant?? (I thought about doing every 3 days but thought it was too late since we've BD the 29th, and 2nd already. I was afraid switching to 3 days now might throw something off. I really want to be prego this time since the D&C works in my favor but not if it means jeopardizing pink by using not so favorable methods.)
    I don't track pregnancy rates (except in the back of my mind, unscientifically) and it wouldn't matter if I did because people do such a wide array of things to sway that it wouldn't tell us much reliable info anyway.

I do believe based on my mental tracking that we are seeing much better odds of conception with every 4 day method. I think sometimes people just miss the mark with their OPK and hem and haw about when to attempt and end up missing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast