Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love TTC A GIRL (like, tomorrow!)

Hi everyone! I'm new here, as well as very new to the swaying concept. I am TTC#2, and we would really like a girl (we have a DS, just turned 6 =). We were planning to try this week- as I should O on Friday accoriding to my Fertility app. I have also taken 2 OPK (yesterday and today), both no LH surge. I purchased Calcium, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, and Cranberry supplements and started them yesterday. I also bought RepHresh, not sure if I was supposed to get Replen instead though. CM is at 6 this morning, how can I lower it quickly if we plan to DTD tonight or tomorrow? This is all so confusing lol! I've been mostly reading about Shettles and planning to DTD before O. I see a lot of women here are using O+12, so now I am even more confused about timing. I have been mostly eating salads, yogurt, and low sodium cheese- but only for a day or so since finding all of this amazing information!

Now that I am just recently seeing the diet and everything else that goes with it- should we wait until next month?

Without the diet, is it still worth trying for a girl or holding off? Not sure if it matters, but my husband has produced 2 boys so far- and our son was a '1 time only' pregnancy....

Thanks so much, and nice to meet everyone!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this is your last shot at a girl, I would definitely not TTC until you have been on the diet a while. I would drop all the supplements but the folic acid, as well. One attempt at pos OPK is popular here, so I would do that rather than try to figure out when 0+12 is, as it is almost impossible to figure when exactly you ovulate...Just my two cents I know others will chime in as well. Welcome and Good Luck to you!!
    Last edited by txmomof3beautifulboys; December 2nd, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
    18132: @ 8wks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, you have not even started to give yourself time to sway. Taking supplements the day before or even the week before won't (IMO) be long enough to do anything.
    To sway girl you should be on the diet 12 weeks before your attempt for the best chances. No supplements at all other than folic acid. There is nothing to be gained from checking your PH as that has been debunked and I don't think O+12 is recommended (as far as I know) what is showing best results is one attempt at positive OPK - much easier than trying to plan a O+12 which is most likely too late for conception.

You will get tons of the best advice here to do a great sway. If you are not in a hurry to conceive I would consider putting off attempt tomorrow.

Whatever you decide the best of luck and lots of pink dust
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome.

WE don't always do things the same way as the "other sites" (because we base our info on the most recent science and not 50 year old debunked stuff) and most of the stuff you're doing is really not the way we do things. I personally would have you hold off and do a little more reading about the newest swaying info and not go off the outdated stuff, but as always your call to make.

The nutrients you're taking, there is mixed data about how they sway.

I like RepHResh better than Replens, although neither has gotten great results (all jellies appear to be neutral in terms of results)

I personally don't think timing sways and nor does the science support it, but if you MUST use one or the other, I think Shettles is better than O+12, not in terms of swaying (because timing doesn't work) but in terms of odds of conception.

Above all else, stick with one attempt. Do not add attempts, only have one in your fertile window. We are getting 70% results with one attempt, regardless of day of attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thanks so much everyone! I have definitely been jumping through forums on different sites, and my head is spinning. I think we may hold off this week, but 12 weeks is a long time lol!!

So I'm guessing that this would be the best place for me to start?
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely the best place to start

Don't get overwhelmed you don't need to do everything you just need to pick what you would like to do and are going to be happy with
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of hopping right in with the Gold Standard plan for a girl. Is this what everyone else here is mostly using?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a plan and honestly it's the best decision I made - all the hard work is done and atomic is an absolute GEM for helping you all the way through no matter how many mad/crazy questions or worries you might come up with
    Thank You God

Pope Benedict XVI

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    I'm thinking of hopping right in with the Gold Standard plan for a girl. Is this what everyone else here is mostly using?
    Get a Custom Plan though, because then you get the 6 months of coaching and I tailor your plan specifically to you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Wow thanks so much everyone! I have definitely been jumping through forums on different sites, and my head is spinning. I think we may hold off this week, but 12 weeks is a long time lol!!

So I'm guessing that this would be the best place for me to start?
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html
    Yes! then after that (or along the way) you can ask any q's in the forums and I'll pop in to answer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast