Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would love twin girls so considering Superior A R T. Any feedback would be amazing.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and the whole PGD / IVF process. My husband and I are in Melbourne and have two little boys.

After a recent miscarriage we've decided that we definitely want two little girls (we've always dreamt of a family of four)...

My husband is 44 so we've also decided that twins, although so much more work, would be the best for us. I'm so excited to start this journey as this is what we want, but also scared! It's intimidating planning to go overseas for an invasive medical treatment, especially with two little boys in tow.

We've also decided not confide in many people at all, including our families. Too many people just won't understand and we are so happy with our decision, so we feel discretion is the best bet.

I can't believe we're about to start the process - am I mad?!!!! I'm so happy to have made this decision though!

What I'd really love is some advice from anyone in a similar situation ...

- Recommendations for the best children-friendly hotels in Bangkok
    - Anyone who had a successful, or unsuccessful experience at Superior A R T
    - Anyone else who decided to try for twins, how did you go?!

Thank you everyone!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with your journey! I can't help with the SART part as we are cycling with HRC in California, but just wanted to say good luck with everything and I hope you get your girls xx

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SART is a little more challenging due to the military takeover. How old are you?

Twins is really not a desirable outcome and with full testing, the modern practice is to transfer one embryo. With full testing, depending on your age, one embryo of the right gender might be all that you have to transfer. SART is not known for aggressive protocols to yield a lot of eggs.

There is a SART thread on here in the international ht forum. It contains contact info and pricing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I am looking at SART aswell. Best advice is to become a member here and read through as much of the info in the HT sections, good luck!
    DW 32
    DH 42

DS1 2011 DS2 2013

Can't believe my dream for has come true!!

Cycle#1 Thailand April 2015: 19 retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilised, 6 to day 5 testing, 1 abnormal (XX) 5 normal: 4XY, 1XX!!
    FET 30th June.. BFP!!

Baby girl Melina born 20th March 2016
    Very grateful for the support this site provided, thank you gender dreaming!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for replying everyone ... There have been a few updates since I started this thread.

It turns out that due to the Gammy / surrogate issue in Australia in August 2014 (SART was the IVF clinic), Sydney IVF have stopped their affiliation with SART (they own 49% of SART). They don't want to tarnish their brand in Australia ...

Global Health Australia were still willing to help with PGD gender selection in Thailand however through First Fertility in Bangkok. They can't offer any fertility drugs prior to the procedure either as now that Sydney IVF won't help, First Fertility can't get you the scripts in Australia.

Sooooo ... At a bit of a loss I got in contact with Dr Potter of HRC & explained that we'd like to try for twins due to my husbands age, and he's agreed he can transfer two embryo's! I'm absolutely thrilled!

So now we're off to HRC in May / June. This is the best case scenario for me as I was disappointed when Gender Selection Australia (in partnership with Dr Potter but based in Melbourne) said Dr Potter only does a single embryo transfer.

So now I'd love hotel & activity recommendations for everyone for California - I'll have a my two boys (4 & 2).

YAY!

6. Likes Honeybug liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Groovynae,

Thank you so much for your lovely message of support.

I've just replied to this thread that Dr Potter is now willing to help us try for twins so we'll be cycling with HRC too!

I see you'll be heading over in March - I'd love your feedback on the process so far, hotels & any advice you can give.

Thank you again, best of luck for your daughter this year!

xxx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Groovynae,

Thank you so much for your lovely message of support.

I've just replied to this thread that Dr Potter is now willing to help us try for twins so we'll be cycling with HRC too!

I see you'll be heading over in March - I'd love your feedback on the process so far, hotels & any advice you can give.

Thank you again, best of luck for your daughter this year!

xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck. I did 2 cycles & I only got 1 of my desired gender both times & that was very lucky. You have chosen a great clinic & a great Dr so I wish you all the best. When I did my first cycle I met another lady from NSW & she put 2 back & now she has them both in her arms.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck! I am so glad you receive good news about 2 embryos! Fx for you
    Honeybug xo

April 2012 Dreaming pink and TTC January 2015

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have done IVF with PGD with Superior ART via Dr Somjhate. We are carriers of CF. Since my wife was 30,the doctor was against putting more than 1 embryo as success rates are higher in that age. It was a success, I still had doubts and did my amnio in NUH Singapore and.my baby is clear of CF so yes now I am sure they know what they are doing.