Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC pink for our fourth and final this summer!

We are going to start TTC our fourth and final baby this summer! I am an older mama at this point, turning 39 in May, hubs is 44, so I will be working on what I guess is a "light pink" sway. The most important thing to me that is that I conceive a healthy baby between June and October. I have 2 DSs (ages 6 and 4) with September and October birthdays already, and then there are the holidays, then DD (age 2) with a January birthday, etc...I would like a spring or summer baby! It has been easy for me to conceive in the past, but I feel nervous for the first time ever about our ability to get pregnant and carry a healthy baby to term, due to my age. I already have my little princess, so I won't have hardcore gender disappointment if #4 is a boy, but I would be over the moon if I had a second little princess to be DDs pal. My boys are already so close, I would love for her to have a sister.

My cycle has changed from a regular 28 day cycle to much shorter, maybe 24 days, which I am tracking.I hear this can happen as you start to get older (going out of business sale! all sales are final! everything must go!) I am also spotting for 2-3 days before each period. I will probably have a preconception visit with a midwife in late April or May, and may ask for progesterone testing to see if I need to supplement. This has never happened before, but hey, I am about to turn 39 and am nursing a toddler, which I understand makes a difference. I recently night weaned her at 26 months in order to boost progesterone and help extend my LP. I seem to be pretty much ovulating right after my period, but am concerned about a possible LP defect as well.

I am 5'4'' and have lost about 7-8 pounds since the new year. Currently weigh about 132 lbs. This gives me a BMI of 22.7. I stopped losing weight (which I was doing via potion control, low carb diet and exercise) because I don't want to get my cycle any more out of whack and create fertility problems.

I am open to most pink sway tactics as long as they don't seem risky-abstinence doesn't seem recommended at our age, and I think I would rather follow a modified LE diet. But I do want to up our odds for a girl if we can!

2. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do LE diet or possibly the PCOS variant if you don't lose weight easily and 60+ min of daily cardio , starting 12w before you plan to start TTC. At your age I'd BD every 4 days all cycle long. See if you can get Femara for your LPD as it sways strongly pink. Take 1000mcg of folate daily but no other supps. Have fiber before fatty/nutritious meals as part of the LE. Skip breakfast/fast for 12-16 hours overnight.

Welcome and good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! There is so much information here to absorb and sift through to try and figure out what is going to work the best for us. I really appreciate your input!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Link to one of the two alternate diets are here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

My suspicion is that your short cycle is more to do with nursing and not necessarily your age (you aren't THAT much older ) but the alt diets may in fact help fix that anyway. There is no need to wean, I just want you to understand that it's not terrifically likely that this is an age thing just yet.

One thing that has been working pretty well is BD unprotected every 4 days starting at AF and going through confirmed ovulation. THis may be of benefit to you guys because it's good for sperm health and will ensure you get pregnant quickly (never a bad idea at 39)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ