Thread: Best quick sway

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Best quick sway

Hi everyone!
    My husband and I have 2 precious boys, age 3 and 1. My husband is 30 and I am 29.
    We are hoping to start trying now for our third baby and would really love a GIRL. I am already on cycle day 4 and would love to try this cycle if possible. I have taken a look at the diet but do not think I can commit to it like it is recommended.
    I am wondering what the best method would be for someone wanting a "quick" or "easy" sway?
    Sometimes I get confused reading through posts, its hard to tell what the current recommendations are.
    Last edited by 2sweetboys; September 20th, 2015 at 09:50 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Our boys are around the same age.

The best recommendation is diet for 12 weeks, exercise for 6 weeks, a single attempt in your fertile period, and daily fiber and alcohol. For *this* cycle, you can really only implement the single attempt, but if you started a sway this month and didn't get pg, you'd already be 4 weeks into it for next cycle.

What parts of the diet do you not think you can do? The current LE is 1500-1800 calories, 40-50g protein and 30-60g fat, with a long fast either overnight or in the evening (15 hours is good, 12 isn't bad). The goal is just to be lower than your norms though, so any reduction is better than none. And if you can do 60 minutes exercise 5-6 days a week, you can be more lenient on the diet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Kay~

Oct 2012 Feb 2014 Aug 2016 Due May 2018 and hoping for a little lady!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by has2gentlemen View Post
    Welcome! Our boys are around the same age.

The best recommendation is diet for 12 weeks, exercise for 6 weeks, a single attempt in your fertile period, and daily fiber and alcohol. For *this* cycle, you can really only implement the single attempt, but if you started a sway this month and didn't get pg, you'd already be 4 weeks into it for next cycle.

What parts of the diet do you not think you can do? The current LE is 1500-1800 calories, 40-50g protein and 30-60g fat, with a long fast either overnight or in the evening (15 hours is good, 12 isn't bad). The goal is just to be lower than your norms though, so any reduction is better than none. And if you can do 60 minutes exercise 5-6 days a week, you can be more lenient on the diet too.

I am just not sure that I have the commitment it takes to watch everything I eat for 12 weeks. Also, I sort of worry that all of that aspartame would be bad for the baby? It seems like a pretty big part of the diet, but, admittedly, I don't know much about it. It just seems pretty strict and 12 weeks seems like so long to wait! Lol

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of what aspartame? The diet drinks are 100% not required. I only do 1 16oz serving a day, personally, and a lot of girls don't do any at all. The limit of 36 oz per day is the safe amount for pregnancy, so as long as you stay within that and stop as soon as you get a BFP, the baby won't even be affected.
    The LE diet is exactly what I posted above, the calories, fat, and protein are the only restriction. Outside of that, you can eat or not eat anything you like.

IMO, the diet actually isn't too bad once you get used to it. I've been on it since early July and I'm finding it to be habit now.

That being said though, you've got a 50/50 chance even without a sway, so you just do what you can and hope for the best. Fingers crossed that you can get your girl!

~Kay~

Oct 2012 Feb 2014 Aug 2016 Due May 2018 and hoping for a little lady!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 2lovelyboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Can you tell me what it is about the diet you're hung up on?? Sometimes people get a misconception that they have to do EVERYthing in the diet when really it's just a set of goals to reach for and as long as you're eating more pink-friendly than you were, you're still swaying pink.

Single most important thing for a last minute sway - do one attempt! No matter what else, stick with one attempt in your fertile window. That's gotten very good and consistent results for us.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sweetboys View Post
    I am just not sure that I have the commitment it takes to watch everything I eat for 12 weeks. Also, I sort of worry that all of that aspartame would be bad for the baby? It seems like a pretty big part of the diet, but, admittedly, I don't know much about it. It just seems pretty strict and 12 weeks seems like so long to wait! Lol
    All of what aspartame?? I think you have LE Diet possibly confused with one of the other sway diets. Aspartame is not required on LE Diet, and I do not really even recommend it, only for those who really want to include it. Never more than 2-3 12/16 oz. servings per day, which is the amount that is approved by the FDA for use DURING pregnancy, let alone before.

It is fine if you don't want to do diet, totally up to you - we just want to be sure you know what the diet even is before you decide. Many people ahve a preconceived notion that it's really hard but it doesn't have to be. Some people want to eliminate all potentially "boy friendly" foods but most of us are WAYYYY more laid back than that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    All of what aspartame?? I think you have LE Diet possibly confused with one of the other sway diets. Aspartame is not required on LE Diet, and I do not really even recommend it, only for those who really want to include it. Never more than 2-3 12/16 oz. servings per day, which is the amount that is approved by the FDA for use DURING pregnancy, let alone before.

It is fine if you don't want to do diet, totally up to you - we just want to be sure you know what the diet even is before you decide. Many people ahve a preconceived notion that it's really hard but it doesn't have to be. Some people want to eliminate all potentially "boy friendly" foods but most of us are WAYYYY more laid back than that.
    Thank you so much for clearing that up! So if I'm understanding right, it's the calorie fat and protein restrictions that are most important? What about caffeine?

And one attempt! Ok! Is there any particular time in the fertile window thats recommended for a girl?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The current recommendation is one attempt at positive OPK.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sweetboys View Post
    Thank you so much for clearing that up! So if I'm understanding right, it's the calorie fat and protein restrictions that are most important? What about caffeine?

And one attempt! Ok! Is there any particular time in the fertile window thats recommended for a girl?
    Yep, cals, fat, and protein are the biggies.

Caffeine is totally allowed on LE Diet and we have gotten good results using coffee. Coffee seems pinker than tea (we don't know why)

I recommend at positive OPK not because it's a good time for a girl, just because it's a good chance of conception. Timing doesn't actually work, but the one attempt does, so the attempt at pos OPK is just a convenient way to plan for one attempt at a point in your cycle where you have a decent chance of conception with that one attempt.